AuthorTopic: Second attempt  (Read 2604 times)

Offline VisMaior

• View Profile

Second attempt

on: June 24, 2008, 06:14:30 pm
Hi! This started as a doodle to help out someone, but I could not resist trying to finish it.

The main problem I see with the legs. They somehow make me feel the guy isnt in a stabile position. The right leg is in an awkward position too. I tried to fix it but fail to put my finger on what is actually wrong with it.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Re: Second attempt

Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 06:19:57 pm
I think in a way you've backed yourself into a corner by pushing forward with the details and colors of the piece before the pose was really satisfactory.  For example, because you've outlined the sandal straps already, you are going to have a lot of natural resistance to changing that area, even if it meant really improving the piece.  I would try tracing over it with just a few shades of gray, like the whole piece, and then start working on fixing the pose.  You might find it easier to experiment and try different poses that way, and once you have a pose you're happy with, you can go back and alter this piece to match.

Offline ortodoxx

• I Steal Colors
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 07:32:36 pm
Your center of mass is whats causing your problem. Also look at how the torso is twisted one way but the directions of the knees pointing another way.

I made a quick edit to show you aproxemetly how this can be corrected.

Im not the best drawer but i hope this helps somewhat.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 07:36:51 pm by ortodoxx »

Offline VisMaior

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 07:08:07 am
A quick update.

I tried to make his legs look well, this is the sixth redraw. Is it any better? C&C please