AuthorTopic: A landscape im proud of (need feedback)  (Read 2170 times)

Offline fxokz

• View Profile

A landscape im proud of (need feedback)

on: June 16, 2014, 07:15:10 am
HELLO GUYS. this is the 1st ever landscape ive ever made and i'm very proud of it. But i need feedback, and if possible, an alternate version from you guys so i can see what i should aim for. heres my hard work, i know its nothing special to you's but to me this is amazing.
GIVE FEEDBACK.

Offline AshCrimson

• View Profile

Re: A landscape im proud of (need feedback)

Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 11:37:10 am
Unfortunately there's a lot of noise on the tree, especially the leaves. They don't "read" (Look or appear) like leaves.

In regards to the background i'm not sure why it's lighter at the top of the hill? I could be wrong but surely it should darker?

The clouds could do with being more "round". You should look at how other pixel-artists have dealt with clouds and how they portray them.

But hope that helps! I'm not good at pixel-art but those are a few bits of advice/critique i can offer.

Just remember to keep trying and don't automatically assume because you've finished a piece you've actually "finished" it. Sometimes you can go back to it and see mistakes or see things you could do better, which leads to totally re-doing it or just touching it up, there's always something more to learn!

Offline Flatworms

• View Profile

Re: A landscape im proud of (need feedback)

Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 12:55:40 am
I'm not certain what I'm looking at as far as perspective. The tree seems to have been taken from a photo head on and pasted onto a photo taken of some hills or something from a distance. Also, the greens look a bit bright and not very natural. Maybe remove a bit of saturation and vary the hue a bit as colors darken.