AuthorTopic: Alien  (Read 15241 times)

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Re: Alien

Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 06:21:49 am
update. I shifted the upper body from the pelvis up aside 1 pixel to balance him more and bring greater unity to the pelvic area and abdomen.
View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 11:39:41 am
not finished and still working on his design a fair bit for his legs mainly, but here is the Big monster style character, slow strong and a bit stupid looking, I think i might need to revise some of the texturing i'm doing on him to make him suite the rest more...

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 07:15:57 am
update... anything you guys see that needs changing?

Offline madartiststan

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 03:11:38 am
In my opinion I think that the third character, the big stupid sort of enemy, seems a bit well...Off balance. As if he's shifting or is tilting forward a bit. It may help you otherwise in the animation if you're going for something of him having really gangly and clumsy movements.

If so, just ignore my comment.  :) :)

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #14 on: May 10, 2007, 07:34:07 am

changes made to the 3rd sprite to help balance him and make it look more natural

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 06:42:17 pm
Palette change for the 3rd guy, as well as some redesigning of the face and minor detailing so to make him look more serious and less goofy.

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 08:00:13 pm
Another one, haven't finished the weapon but the rest of him is done. Any critique appreciated as I've noticed a lack of comments for a fair while and would like to know what you guys think of my edits thus far, both on an opinionated and technical level.

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 01:51:25 am
they look pretty good. I like the colors. I think their stances are all a little weird because all that 45 degree legs are kind of awkward I think? I would also put highlight on the third guy's blade. their waists all get very thin at one point too, it may be an 'alienish' thing but kinda weakens their powerful look

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 06:09:32 am
I think the leg structure for all but the second one is mostly fine. The hawk ones pose needs to be redefined as i want to put him into a more samurai like pose (two handed with different footing). The first one is meant to bring emphasis to his running speed I did this as i cant find reference for a good Kama stance (his scythe like arms represent this weapon)*edit found one* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OLWsxG9M2k. The 3rd character is less representative of technique so he has a somewhat relaxed pose though his footing is in a good set up for a lunge, blocks, etc. even though his sword is in a more hack, hack pose. The final is in a typical spear wielding stance. The thin waist was intended to make the second last one actually look somewhat vulnerable, I'm planning on bringing in an even bigger powerhouse character.

Update on the weapon:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 09:22:01 am by zeid »

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #19 on: May 16, 2007, 05:49:40 pm
The character's silhouettes read well at 1x, but not the inner details. I'd recommend full blown bright highlights, and more contrast generally (the one that reads better is Horus, which coincidentally is the one with the most contrast).

Poses, design, anatomy, all good  :y: