AuthorTopic: [WIP] [C+C] Isometric Walk Cycle  (Read 3334 times)

Offline wixel

• View Profile

[WIP] [C+C] Isometric Walk Cycle

on: December 14, 2012, 01:34:20 am
Hi all,

Comments and criticisms please!

What I'm trying to achieve: A generic walk cycle that can be used as a base for various characters in an isometric game. At this stage it's just an uncoloured line drawing, but when I'm happy with the walk it will be painted over to make the different characters. I am fixed on four frames per second and don't mind that the walk isn't as smooth as it would be if I sped it up or tweened more frames.

This is what I have so far:

I'm pretty happy with it, but there's always room for improvement :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:06:11 am by wixel »

Offline wixel

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] [C+C] Isometric Walk Cycle

Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 11:04:38 am
688 views and no replies? If anyone has any comments at all I'd be happy to hear them!

I hope it's ok to bump this, it'd slipped off the first page and was looking like it was going to die a lonely death...

Now that I look at it again, it seems like he is striding rather than walking 'naturally', and in some places appears to be wearing MC Hammer pants. Also he is limping a bit?

« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:09:33 am by wixel »

Offline ErekT

• fistful of pixels
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] [C+C] Isometric Walk Cycle

Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 12:53:48 pm
Hello,

the walk cycle works well. Very readable for so few frames. I'm a little bit bugged by his entire left arm popping in and out of view every fourth frame. His left leg could also extend further back the same way his right one does. Since you have four frames at your disposal, I'd also use the opportunity to make four individual frames for the arm motion instead of just copying the second onto the fourth. You could make the arms swing more like a pendulum that way.