AuthorTopic: Robo-turtle-monster thing...  (Read 2769 times)

Offline NikkiPink

• View Profile

Robo-turtle-monster thing...

on: March 12, 2007, 03:46:42 am
It is a small, simple sprite, but I like it.

As always, feedback is more then welcome! :crazy:

Hawk

Re: Robo-turtle-monster thing...

Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 04:23:53 am
It is a small, simple sprite, but I like it.

As always, feedback is more then welcome! :crazy:

I'm only assuming this was for the project. Though in any case it should be larger, and more detailed. The movement animation shouldn't have any constraints at it looks like it does right now, and should be smoother in general. In addition the legs vs. body comparision doesn't look as if it blends in that sense so I would advise making them thicker. Lastly overall, this...this needs alot of work in terms of setting compliance, though this would be a good idea if you were using a much larger frame to make it actually look like it was a worthy opponent instead of someone's everyday high-tech cute (secretly vicious) turtle :P. So in general my advice would be to change the entire stature of this robot and make it at least a pixel or two in all directions, and change the head into a robot along with thickening the arms, or make it a larger monster and keep the idea but change the turtle coloring to crimson and try to add scales.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 04:32:08 am by Hawk »

Offline NikkiPink

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 04:30:24 am
Ok, now I have a better idea of what you are looking for. I will make some more soon.

Hawk

Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 04:43:38 am
Ok, now I have a better idea of what you are looking for. I will make some more soon.

Though it does give me an idea for some small skit:

VS.
 :P

Or not...Anyway I also would like to comment on the creativity. Without any apparent references I would have to say it's frankly a good idea, yet if you look at the difference in style between this example:

You can see the lack of detail that I commented on previously, which I was mainly drawn to do so because turtle's head.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 04:45:38 am by Hawk »

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 07:06:06 pm
So...is it sliding along the ground?  It never actually picks its feet up, so I'm confused.  If it's supposed to be walking, give its legs joints and bend them so that the poor guy can walk.  Also, since the side walk seems to be straight from the side (correct me if I'm wrong), we should be able to see its left legs, but they're invisible.  Also, in the front view, the walk cycle should be front-left & back-right legs together, then front-right & back-left legs together (same in side view, for that matter).  The way you have it now is not how four-legged animals walk ever at all.  It's a good start, but it needs work to be a real walk cycle.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.