AuthorTopic: My Game Character Needs C+C  (Read 2699 times)

Offline aLastingImpression

• View Profile

My Game Character Needs C+C

on: May 13, 2009, 04:18:59 am
Hey, guys. I am a big fan of pixel art, but I am not really much of a pixel artist. I am a programmer - well, still learning. Anyway, I wanted to make a game character for use in a game, if I ever get that far. I am to the point where I would like it to be critiqued. Before I post the images I want to say what I was going for: SNES/GBA-style, 16x24 RPG-type sprite. This is my first (I tried a few years ago, but the result wasn't so good - always been better at pixeling objects). I wanted to make an original sprite (i.e. I didn't want it to look exactly like the games I love (like FFVI and CT), but wanted it to look decent in case I do make a playable demo). So, here it is (a nose and non-nose version).

One specific thing I would like feedback on is the nose. I wanted to make my sprite look a little more original/realistic, but does it just make the character look childish? It is hard for me to make a 16x24px sprite look adult.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 07:25:14 pm by aLastingImpression »

Offline Tourist

• View Profile

Re: My Game Character Needs C+C

Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 10:46:17 pm
I think the sprite looks fine.

The only thing I noticed was that the profile view doesn't have quite the same highlights in the hair as the forward facing view.  But that's a nitpick.

Tourist

Offline aLastingImpression

• View Profile

Re: My Game Character Needs C+C

Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 03:27:04 am
Thanks for the reply. I see what you mean about the highlights. I will polish that up a bit.