AuthorTopic: Emotes (Re-Visited)  (Read 2577 times)

Offline Azure-Blue

• View Profile

Emotes (Re-Visited)

on: October 15, 2008, 07:32:24 pm
First of all, i would like to say. You might have seen these before. The user Wattsie1993 posted them ages ago... well, i am that user.
So, back to business.

Here are some emotes i made a while ago.. i am thinking of carrying on with the project.
Any helpful C+C would be greatly accepted.

Current Emotes

Thanks.

Offline Azure-Blue

• View Profile

Re: Emotes (Re-Visited)

Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 03:54:59 pm

Bumpy Bump Bump
New Smiley Emote

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Re: Emotes (Re-Visited)

Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 05:18:26 pm
You know the way your the mouth on your sprites are more -> that way, while the eyes are more <- that way?

I don't think it works. It could work on a larger image (I see that all the time in anime, actually), but in this small size it just looks skewed. Try moving the mouth more in between the eyes on the :3 mouth and ^v^ and -  _-  face

Just so you don't think I don't like it or something, I just want to tell you that it's awefully cute, and works well at the size. Except for the skewedness.

For the rest, try to make the outline near the chin a bit darker and increase overall contrast for forms to read well. (you know, contrast, increasing the darkness of the dark parts and the lightness of the light parts to increase the difference. When you work on a zoomed in level, you use lower contrast for natural reason, since the pixels are so big that your eyes clearly see the discrepancy between colors. At 1x, though, the eyes blur colours together much more, so don't be afraid to up contrast now and then. (actually, in these pictures, it's mostly the highlight of the hair and the chin outline that needs to be brighter and darker, respectively)
' _ '