AuthorTopic: I have no idea if this posted already but here I go.. Plant Sprite [WIP]  (Read 7379 times)

Offline Yokai90

• I come here sometimes for advice & Eggs
    • boogie45
    • View Profile

I need a critique- (and I highly apologize if I posted this already I'm rather new and i'm super confused because it keeps giving me this error about my words not being typed in corresponding to my post))

And for a problem of mine I find that I have trouble working with 50x50 to 100x100 format and this is 200x200 format. Could I perhaps have some advice and help for those sizes?

Offline kalphablue

• Miitonius
    • (Have one, but forgot the name)
    • View Profile
Is there any way to upload the original sized image? You've resized it to be quite large.
Did my first pixel art drawing in early 2014, began doing pixel art more frequently in early 2015.

Offline Yokai90

• boogie45
    • View Profile
Unfortunetly No;;
I don't have the original 100x100;;

I apologize for the inconvenience.
I guess it is kinda too big for a sprite image? ^^;

Offline DracoDragon42

• @DracoDragon42
    • View Profile
what do you mean by 100x100 and 200x200 because your image is 10 by 23 pixels, even though it is scaled up

Offline Yokai90

• boogie45
    • View Profile
Ohhh. When I resized it said it was about 200x200 in size.
My bad;;
I guess I thought it was 200x200 and wasn't looking at it right;;
Would it be better then to not just scale it up close like that then?
Idk my process of making pixel art is I work with an average 300x300 first sketch and resize it to a smaller size , but most of the time for simpler things I just make start with a outline.
Then I work add the darkest color first shade dithering and in that process I zoom in and out a lot and I guess to me up close with the sprites look better than its original image and usually I take a picture with that and edit in Photoshop to make it the new size and transparent.

I guess what I'm asking is should I work with the original size and keep it that way or is it okay to back up a certain degree, take a picture of that and use that?

Offline DracoDragon42

• @DracoDragon42
    • View Profile
These forums have a built in zooming system, just click the image to zoom in. Also please post the original (not scaled up) version so that we can do edits and stuff easier. Also your process is fine and it looks great!

Offline Yokai90

• boogie45
    • View Profile

Thank you for letting me know about the zoom in feature and all that, also thank you for the compliment and reassurance!
 ;D
Update: I actually re-did it the plant sprite this time and re-sized it way down so hopefully it should be smaller this time-
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 02:13:19 am by Yokai90 »

Offline rocifier

• View Profile
They mean you should draw it at the size so that you can edit pixel by pixel. People typically zoom in to do this temporarily in software instead of permanently saving the canvas at various sizes. Posting it so the pixel size is 1:1 will help people to do edits on it. Don't worry if it looks really tiny, we can just click it on the forum to zoom in on it.

Offline Yokai90

• boogie45
    • View Profile
Alright here we go, heres the original size!

(Probably should've added this as well earlier..))This time I changed the design and added a technique I just learned called anti-aliasing unfortunately from the distance I do feel the shading is off

Offline rocifier

• View Profile
Ok, so what plant is it?