AuthorTopic: [wip] Creamy uncatalogued thing [C & C Needed]  (Read 3539 times)

Offline Cream

• View Profile

[wip] Creamy uncatalogued thing [C & C Needed]

on: July 20, 2013, 05:18:34 pm
Hello pixelation, I made an account and try to become active here (I'm  Cream in PixelJoint). But that is not what matters:

I'm doing this ... thing. And I really need your help because I am not able to advance, especially in detailing the chest.

I also have some difficulties in anatomy and colors.If someone can help me, I will thank.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 06:38:01 pm by Cream »

Offline Candy Man Criminal

• ~Reality is a plague, we're the medication~
    • View Profile

Re: [wip] Creamy uncatalogued thing

Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 06:36:31 pm
this reminds me of something... lol

anyway, the cloak bit under the head is a bit too bunched up, while there would be bunching there shouldnt be that much
the hood itseld has some shape issues, as well as depth
as for the chest we're gunna need to know if the cloak is like the one in my avatar, or if it stops around the collar, or if it connects directly to a shirt
if it stops around the collar i suggest you look up Cloaks on google images, if it connects then do the same with Tunics

wow, im terrible at being helpful...

Offline Cream

• View Profile

Re: [wip] Creamy uncatalogued thing [C & C Needed]

Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 06:59:14 pm
Hello, Candy. Your avatar looked very much like my work, and even gave me an idea.

The "end" of the tunic in question, finish on the blue line-art, and then it becomes a kind of shirt.

Very very thank you, you helped me a lot.

Otherwise, those shapes that you said, I see no problem.

Offline Yngar

• Part-time Ludologist
    • View Profile
    • Blog

Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 07:03:54 pm
The thing that immediately caught my eye is the arms. The perspective is all off, there is a lot to be said about perspective.
Here is a 30 second edit just to show what I'm talking about

The way you have it now, his arms look more like the end in tentacles than fists.
The arms also start a little too high on his body.

The detail on the hood looks good but all the anatomy is a bit off. You are approaching this piece all wrong, you should start with getting the whole structure right for the body and don't spend any time on the detail until it looks good without it. The sooner you get the anatomy fixed the better because if you do all this detail work its going to hurt when you have to scrap it to change the body shape.

Offline Cream

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 08:04:38 pm
Hello Yngar. I agreed with what you said about the anatomy, is very bad.

I did a edit but I could not notice the errors in relation to the position of the shoulders.

Here is:

Hands I will do more soon, because I have trouble drawing hands.

Any other problem in anatomy, please tell me.

Offline Candy Man Criminal

• ~Reality is a plague, we're the medication~
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 08:13:17 pm
neat, i got to be helpful in ways i wasnt planning =]

Offline Yngar

• Part-time Ludologist
    • View Profile
    • Blog

Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 08:33:55 pm
I think it is just the way the arms are relative to his torso. The trunk seems very wide and his shoulders are at a strange angle. It makes it look kind of like his shoulders are scrunched up like he is cold, instead of the fighting pose you are going for.

I would really recommend just working with a reference and doing a quick sketch of the anatomy, and figuring out exactly where all the muscles are before you start detailing muscle groups and cloth. The fabric and lighting look good but you need to get the basic form down first.

Offline Cream

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 12:38:06 am

Well, I advanced a little and changed the perspective of the head and arms.

But I still have difficulty in refining the right arm.

Offline Yngar

• Part-time Ludologist
    • View Profile
    • Blog

Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 04:47:11 pm
I wish I knew a good perspective tutorial to link you to. This is basic art stuff.
You are trying to show every bit of his arms, and it makes it look really flat like his arms are just folded in front of him. In a martial stance like I assume you are going for, the fists would be pointed much more forward, so you wouldn't see much forearm and the fist would appear larger due to it being closer to the viewer.

It really seems like you are trying to skip the basics here, all the detail you are putting in the chest is premature when you haven't even figured out the arms and legs yet. If it looks strange without the details, its going to look strange with them. Shading isn't going to help the form look better.