AuthorTopic: My first pixel art drawing... What do you think?  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Grizzly

• View Profile

My first pixel art drawing... What do you think?

on: January 19, 2016, 11:32:04 am
So, in my efforts to start doing pixel art, i came up with this to practice. This is Sanji the Cook from One Piece, imaginating that jumping fish is actually a salmon roll. Didn't use any base image so it's all from my head.
I doesn't have much lighting

Be really honest on you opinion, i'll take any shit you throw at me...

Offline Pusty

• I like cheese
    • View Profile

Re: My first pixel art drawing... What do you think?

Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 08:09:03 pm
Looks good! I like the roll thingy you made (although it doesn't look like a salmon,but I get the idea . Maybe remove these lines coming from his head? Not sure about that :D).
Also the clouds and the horizon line look kinda off not sure how to fix that tho.
Just a random hobby gamedev passing by O:
[Ludum Dare][Itch.io]

Offline Grizzly

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 10:28:33 pm
Thanks!!! The little things from his head and the tail are intented for it to also look like a fish, by the way. And yes, i kinda rushed with the clouds and the back

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 12:53:29 am
Extend your perspective line on the railing.
Does it meet the horizon?

Offline DracoDragon42

• @DracoDragon42
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 01:36:03 am
There is too much blue I think, the water just kind of merges with the horizon, and most of the picture is blue. The sea is usually a lot darker blue, and the sky is a more lighter cyan. The clouds need to be made bigger and given a better cloud shape. Clouds are fluffy and big, and all these clouds seem very flat. If you are going for the clouds that are really high up, they need to be lighter and more extended. look up pictures of clouds and see how they form. This was a problem I had when I first started, I would quickly draw the things that I didn't think were relevant to the picture, but everything is relevant. So, work on the clouds and the sky/sea, but everything else looks really good, especially the water splash.

Offline Grizzly

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 02:41:41 am
Thank you! That's very helpful!