AuthorTopic: crit my fighter  (Read 5124 times)

Offline xbogx

• View Profile

crit my fighter

on: January 24, 2009, 08:44:00 pm

thanks

Offline xbogx

• View Profile

Re: crit my fighter

Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 10:33:24 pm
changed it a bit:

Offline hotnikkelz

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 12:38:36 am
my internet security registers this pic as a virus, so try saving it as a new file and what not.

Offline xbogx

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 08:37:27 am
changed it some more:

hotnikkelz do you still get the virus warning? it seems really strange to me, i don't suppose png's have executable code so how can it be a virus?

Offline hotnikkelz

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 03:24:17 pm
yea they kaspersky says that it's an infected file.  I'm noy sure how these things work, but my browsers won't show the pic otherwise. Please try copying contents into a new file or something please.

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 03:57:03 pm
Generally the internet security has a blacklist of websites that are known to have malware and anything linked from them gives you a warning, and if your host is blacklisted you might consider changing.

Crits: Your shading on the arm and torso is only around the oultline, consider doing it like on the leg. The width of his shoulders plus arms is absoloutlely massive and unrealistic (i assume your going for correct-ish anatomy) and it doesn't look like HIS left arm lines up with his left shoulder. You might want to consider shading the back leg and arm with the middle shade a bit, they look flat and it shouldn't lead to depth issues.

Offline xbogx

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 08:47:40 am
changed hosts

thanks for the crit 32, i tried to do what you suggested and it's a lot better i think

the left arm still seems kinda wrong but if i take away one row of pixels it looks too small
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 05:01:48 pm by xbogx »

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 04:07:23 pm
Your image isnt showing up for me now, try www.photobucket.com or www.imageshack.us

Offline xbogx

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 05:02:41 pm
damn these hosts...

ok, now i got it on imageshack

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 07:42:10 pm
They're all working for me, haven't seen a problem since you started the thread.

I made a quick edit yesterday, I know it's a big style jump but there's just a few points I'd like to highlight.

Firstly the leg positioning just doesn't look natural to me, I mean im sure you could pose like this but being realistic who does? Legs just seem a tad too wide spread in my opinion. And his hands just seem to be up just because, that's just where you've decided to put them. If I was doing this it'd feel much more natural to have my fists up to protect my head. Be grounded but be stood comfortable enough to move.

Well here's my edit, While doing this I thought to myself 'hey, he kinda looks like spock from Star trek, so yeah here's spock to illustrate.'  :y: :D

Bit of a palette edit too, thought it needed some added variation. Also som more clothing folds, skin tight doesn't seem right  :ouch:
I've not got anything interesting to type here..