AuthorTopic: Asea 3/4 Sprite Concept v.3.1  (Read 5763 times)

Offline CrazyMLC

• View Profile

Re: Asea 3/4 Sprite Concept v.3.1

Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 12:17:05 pm
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/crazyMLC/Dude_Shadingx2.png

You have to pick a clear light source. You had many in your picture, and I chose the one I thought looked the best, and that demonstrated my example. but go ahead and pick your own, really, pick a light source, any light source! :D

You have many colors that are extremely similar to other colors in your picture, AKA low contrast, making a gradient effect. BAD. It takes away all the impact and punch from your image.

You're focusing too much on dark outlines. Outlines don't have to be a single shade. They can be any shade, not just the darkest one for the color you're working with. If you look at the boots you can see that I have the outline change to a bright color. This is a part of shading that adds a lot to the image.

(Also I have to agree the lock of hair doo-dad looks REALLY strange.)

Offline abreaction

• Mmmm, tea
    • View Profile

Re: Asea 3/4 Sprite Concept v.3.1

Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 02:23:49 am
Sorry for my comments up to this---
For the eyes, I was looking for half-shut, sulked eyes - like he is depressed in emotion.
And for them, I can see they are somewhat off from your human head you drew there. Still, for some reason, it still looks fine to me...
I was looking for a half-half thing with chibi and keizer, as well as implementing my own style. I know that this is completely wrong and I shouldn't be thinking this, but I think it should be that way, with the eyes and how the face is. If you moved the right eye over towards the left one, it would look odd. The left one should be about a pixel thicker though...

I think a light source a little higher than yours, CrazyMLC, is what I want to go with.