AuthorTopic: Newbie presenting  (Read 6935 times)

Offline progFX

• View Profile

Re: Newbie presenting

Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 03:24:03 pm
Hmm you beat me to it, however if not a reduction a definite trace, you shouldn't attempt to fool anyone on these boards, they are always on the look out, your biggest mistake was putting a trace/reduction in with your other art, the style/form are complete opposites which sprang the mistrust.

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 03:28:52 pm
You can tell it's a colour-reduction, and not a trace, by looking at the Jpeg artifacts which remain in the piece. Look at the contour of the tree and mountain just up from the tree's base, and notice the line of light shade surrounding the contour. You can also see this near the top of the mountain on the inside of the contour, except it's a dark shade line.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 03:39:15 pm by Lawrence »

Offline iro urado

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 03:49:03 pm
I don't feel incriminated at all. As you have seen, I didn' hesitate on showing my ref, as proof of my good will. I'm sorry it came to this, thow... The animation shows, I think, that I drawn the pixels. I did it on a layer on top of the photo layer. If there are "artifacts", as you say, this is the cause. Then, I think I'm being misjudged on my style: I don't have one, and I was convinced that my images showed you that: I try to experiment and find what suits me most... That's why I don't have unity in those works...

It seems I have a hard time convincing you.... All I can say is that the image is drawn and I hope I find the means to prove that. Helm, pls, could you tell me what dither I shoud use to eliminate the texture effect (and the suspicions that gravitate around me...)?

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 04:07:40 pm
Err, if you say you drew the pixels on a layer on top of the original, that's tracing, and therefore not much of a chore, is it?:S

On the dolls, the lines are very crude, what I mean is, the smoothness could be fixed, just cean the curves a bit. There's also an inconsistency in the line weight/thickness. On some parts like the face, thin lines are use, but most of the body is made up of jagged thick lines.
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline iro urado

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 04:25:47 pm
Tracing....hum! I found this: http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=1337.0

I didn't know that that was looked down upon... Ok then, if that bothers, I don't mind taking that artwork out. And I hope you will forgive my ignorance. Thanks for the critics, rabidbaboy, I'll take good notice.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 05:49:40 pm
You should have read the rules before posting.

That tree picture clearly is a colourreduction with diffusion dither. I tried myself in PS with the same colours you have and the result was shockingly close. There was reworking, still, technically rip. See you in a year if you want.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.