AuthorTopic: [Feedback] Princess  (Read 2379 times)

Offline tecnologgamer

• View Profile

[Feedback] Princess

on: January 23, 2018, 04:08:09 pm
Hello,

I was been working this for a good time, what you think about it, where I can improved?

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 05:13:39 pm by tecnologgamer »

Offline Zanorin

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/177874.htm
    • BasmatiPixel
    • View Profile

Re: [Feedback] Princess

Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 04:32:01 pm
Please export your image as a PNG and not as a JPEG to prevent compression, and post it at 100% size :)
Half a noob figuring out stuff.

Offline tecnologgamer

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 05:14:41 pm
Please export your image as a PNG and not as a JPEG to prevent compression, and post it at 100% size :)

Ops, sorry! I'm fix it.

What you think I could do to make his face more round?

Offline Zanorin

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/177874.htm
    • BasmatiPixel
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 06:11:04 pm
Still not at 100%, this is what I meant :

Anyway, what I'd suggest would be not to make her face rounder, but to make everything rounder. Your sprite has got a lot of very straight and harsh lines. Unless you were aiming for that, I would try to soften the feel of the image by doing curves instead of angles.
Another important thing : The folds in the clothing will work better if instead of drawing the folds directly, you focus on the shadows that your lightsource casts on those folds. Less lines, more color.

Here is an edit that sums it up :

1. Original image
2. Softening the lines and curves
3. Focusing on the shadows
4. There was a shade of dark blue that was very similar to another, so I used the same color for both.

Other than that, I have to say I really like the character you made and the colors :)
Half a noob figuring out stuff.

Offline tecnologgamer

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 06:44:07 pm
Still not at 100%, this is what I meant :

Anyway, what I'd suggest would be not to make her face rounder, but to make everything rounder. Your sprite has got a lot of very straight and harsh lines. Unless you were aiming for that, I would try to soften the feel of the image by doing curves instead of angles.
Another important thing : The folds in the clothing will work better if instead of drawing the folds directly, you focus on the shadows that your lightsource casts on those folds. Less lines, more color.

Here is an edit that sums it up :

1. Original image
2. Softening the lines and curves
3. Focusing on the shadows
4. There was a shade of dark blue that was very similar to another, so I used the same color for both.

Other than that, I have to say I really like the character you made and the colors :)

Understand, I will fix it. Thanks so much!