AuthorTopic: WayForward Contest #2: Sprite modelling (updated rules)  (Read 112728 times)

Offline snake

• View Profile

Re: WayForward Contest #2: Sprite modelling (updated rules)

Reply #150 on: March 21, 2006, 02:07:55 pm
Aww, damn. If I had seen this before I would have entered, no question. Some exelent entrys none the less.

Lookin' mighty fine there.

I know it's closed. Still, want to give it a go.

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #151 on: March 24, 2006, 03:27:34 pm
Don't know how strict double posting is here, but I'll try this and see what happens.

Anywhoo. Wasn't being very productive yesterday, so I thought I'd have a go at this.

First up, Boktai Popeye. Had a hell of a time trying to find the games actual colours. Popeye's colour are taken straight off Django and the cowboy-like guy. Also done, because I wanted to limit the colour to what the Gameboy Advance uses. I also noticed that Popeye is pretty tall and lanky. He just fits the box limitations. It was hart do duplicate the Thick border and bright colour style without the whole thing looking ugly.

Little mock up shot. I manipulated a gameplay shot, reused the background to erase the status bars and used it to add more background below. that way, I could get both characters in there. Took more time than it needed to... but what the heck.
(Here's the original, I could only find a low quality shot though... http://img.jeuxvideo.fr/photo/00195784.jpg )

Don't know what style this is in. I guess I thought of those cartoon theemed games like Mickey Mania. I didn't limit colour eather. I've used all 15 here.

Had fun with this. Hope I can enter the next one.

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #152 on: March 24, 2006, 04:31:42 pm
Looking great snake, i like how the colors integrate on the game and create an "old" look for the character, like if it was on sun burnt paper (this applies to both sprites, less for the second but still there). I figure this would have a been a strong contender in the competition.
btw, no need to double post, just edit your original post using that "modify" button up there on the right.

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #153 on: March 27, 2006, 10:28:59 am
Well, some boards seem to prefer double posting, some don't. Well, now I know.
I suppose you're right about the old paper look. Just luck I guess. I wasn't sure if I wanted to use the colours off the Boktai sprites since it seemed to bright.