AuthorTopic: What kind of Background you use for a very noisy piece...  (Read 1800 times)

Offline DieMango

• View Profile

Like the title said..wanted to make a Background but such an noisy piece makes things difficult for me...

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: What kind of Background you use for a very noisy piece...

Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 06:19:03 pm
Use large swaths of solid low-ish contrast colours to create the background. You can have more contrast in areas that are away from the creature, but avoid high contrast that's adjacent to the creature, as the details will clash.

Consider using diagonals in the background. Diagonals are largely absent from the creature, so they should help increase the contrast between it and the background. If you stick to just 45-degree diagonals, it should even fit the style.

Offline DieMango

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 06:33:29 pm
Use large swaths of solid low-ish contrast colours to create the background. You can have more contrast in areas that are away from the creature, but avoid high contrast that's adjacent to the creature, as the details will clash.

Consider using diagonals in the background. Diagonals are largely absent from the creature, so they should help increase the contrast between it and the background. If you stick to just 45-degree diagonals, it should even fit the style.

Good idea...what color wou you use? I was thinking of a Temple with  brick texture in the background but it woud work with the 45 degree thing...a forest woud spring to mind but i am nor ure on that...

Also how about things in the forground? shoud they be darker thne the background or have some fancy saturation?

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 06:40:10 pm
blue-purple, that's what complements gold usually. Make for good contrast.
Alternatively, you could try a more washed-out or faded gold color. Might be hard to contrast that though.

For the foreground I'd say figure out if you even need it first, if so I'd go with either silhouettes or blurred focus.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |