AuthorTopic: Learning Basic Pixel Art Animating  (Read 1882 times)

Offline anandhiya23

• Pixelatium Dithera Felisum!
    • anandhiya
    • View Profile

Learning Basic Pixel Art Animating

on: December 11, 2016, 01:51:47 am
Hi there! I've recently stumbled upon this forum and i was very exited about it! so yesterday i made some simple pixel art animation, in the hopes that it would make my skill better, so i want to hear tour critique and tips regarding the animation i made ;D

Here is a simple "ease" animation:

What i like like to improve:
  • Make the text looks more like cheese. I want it to stretch and looks more slimy
  • More effects to make it less static. Like when the upper bun hits the lower part it would squirt out some of the cheese and stuff
This one is a very simple cartoony walking animation:

What i like like to improve:
  • Make the animation less static and more lively in general.
  • Some tips to make the animating process easier
As you can see, i'm very new to this animating business so i need your advises
by the way i humbly request you to see my other artworks on my tumlr here: http://anandhiya.tumblr.com/
thanks!

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: Learning Basic Pixel Art Animating

Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 02:40:58 am
For the stretch, try pinching it inwards by a pixel at full extension and bubble it out 1 when it closes.
Effects are easy too, just do a couple frames of ketchup spraying out when it shuts! You can animate a circle moving away then give that a trailing edge or get a bit more complicated and try a curved shape to imply more force.

For the rabbit, try giving the ears some bounce!
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline CFKaligula

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr

Re: Learning Basic Pixel Art Animating

Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 09:01:54 pm
If the burger is really falling down, you should probably use less frame to make it look like its really slamming down. the faster he falls the heavier it looks.

For the bunny i would say, make his head turn while he walks and make his ears and whiskers bounce. This may be a bit difficult, but you have to start somewhere.  this is a very helpful tutorial for walking animations.

There are generally 2 ways of animation process, either first drawing the most important frames(key frames) and then adding the frames you need between them (inbetween). This makes for a carefully planned out animation, so this is usually used for a walking animation or a jumping animation. The other process is just drawing frame after frame, this usually looks more expressive, but you have to be careful where you end up. Making a jump animation frame after frame could mean your character ends up jumping way too far.
You get in the bowl