AuthorTopic: help with breathing animation  (Read 2952 times)

Offline momofumi

• View Profile

help with breathing animation

on: November 05, 2016, 04:14:28 am
Hello everyone. I did breathing animation few days ago and I need help on how do I can improve this animation because as you can see here the animation look stiff

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: help with breathing animation

Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 05:07:56 am
Could help to expand the chest and move the shoulders some!
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline wolfenoctis

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 10:23:53 am
I think the free arm shoulder should move up a little when inhaling is nearing it's peak, the other shoulder should not move as a result of breathing since it is under tension. A quick edit to show what I mean:

Offline momofumi

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 02:48:54 am
@wolfenoctis
Thank you for your feed back.
 Here is an update

Offline kullenberg

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 03:43:24 am
I think the free arm shoulder should move up a little when inhaling is nearing it's peak, the other shoulder should not move as a result of breathing since it is under tension. A quick edit to show what I mean:

Awesome illustration of breathing!

Offline heyguy

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 03:29:10 pm

Awesome illustration of breathing!

Indeed!

Great updates to your creature momo! I think your shading is great so far! I was going to suggest that you could have things like flowing hair that sways with your up and down movement. Then I thought your shading seemed kinda complicated to do attempt that (at least it would be for me lol). So I looked up how the professionals do it!

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters3/sabretooth-a.html

Turns out Marvel vs Capcom sprites have fairly simple shading! That's something to keep in mind when animating.

I would give the creature an ear twitching and a slight bending to the knees while it breathes. Another awesome, simple additional, I think, would be to add his mouth open and close a little bit while breathing. Or have his nose flare like he's inhaling and exhaling. I really like this character! Keep up the good work!