AuthorTopic: [ OPEN ] Professional Artist ( Pixel art, digital art, concept, animation )  (Read 18127 times)

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant
So this:

Isnt a frame-by-frame copy of this:

?

Offline yaomon17

• valedevelopment
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio
You should always state if you are working off a base. I could just grab some top notch art, animate it by moving a head up and down a few frames and call it mine and it will mislead people into thinking I made the whole thing. It is intentionally being deceiving. Since you claim you are so experienced, I assume you were well aware of how deceiving you were being and your intentions there were clear. Now for the clients, Vagrant was likely out of line and reacted in a very human way being emotionally compromised, acting out on his suspicions rashly. It would be right to apologize for accusing the accounts. I can't really say I had a clearer head the first time I found someone taking credit for my work without crediting me so I can empathize. Luckily I was able to resolve matters privately and the guy apologized. I can't empathize as well from the other end though since I never tried to pass off others' work without crediting them to clients, so you will have to try to help me understand your thought process there.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:27:36 pm by yaomon17 »

Offline ||||

• The brand with four stripes
    • lijj_1111
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/new_icons.asp?owner=30996&ob=search&dosearch=1
    • Lijj
    • View Profile
Oh my!
The red firey guy on the bottom left is mine originally. http://lijj.deviantart.com/art/Bomb-Lord-419416396
 If you animated it I would like to see it!

Offline Vagrant

• At your service.
    • @VagrantPixels
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/43310.htm
    • View Profile

Yep. All of that is mine. Minus the awesome, awesome bombs and Bomb Lord on the left, courtesy of |||| here.
We worked both the FFT style together once, but as a hobby- we weren't paid before.

And yet you pass all of this editing/tracing as your original work, and you promote yourself as the original artist, and you ask payment for it.

That is called deceit, theft.

So let's say I want to hire a True Professional. I as a client would be considered scammed if I believed that you did all you say you do. You can get away with it, but your entire house of cards is bound to fall once you're found out, like it is happening now.
All of this is avoided if credit is given where credit is due. And if you don't know where your sprites came from, you say that as well.

It's simple.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • clement.wolfram
    • paintbread
    • View Profile
    • lolipopsicle
Um haha how about no

whether or not those testimonials are real or fake doesn't matter, I'm banning you for passing that work off as your own. Especially to protect clients who are using this forum to find artists to create original works for them.

Also for being an ass. Leaving this open so people can find any other junk you've stolen.

It was my mistake for jumping to conclusions after seeing only one side of the accusations, there is still the possibility this is a misunderstanding, so you have my apologies for banning you. I hope you can clearly mark which work is yours and who's was edited, and give credit where credit is due.

However PLEASE refrain from making statements like:
You probably don`t get why some prefer
retro 8-bit styles instead of NEO GEO stuff, but that may have to do with limited knowledge on how the
market works I guess.

As it reads very antagonistic and does not help in characterizing you positively.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 10:50:02 pm by Atnas »

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!
A good resolution, IMO. You're clearly able to work without theft, try to break your scum habits and come back after you shake that off.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Animator

• View Profile
Um haha how about no

whether or not those testimonials are real or fake doesn't matter, I'm banning you for passing that work off as your own. Especially to protect clients who are using this forum to find artists to create original works for them.

Also for being an ass. Leaving this open so people can find any other junk you've stolen.

It was my mistake for jumping to conclusions after seeing only one side of the accusations, there is still the possibility this is a misunderstanding, so you have my apologies for banning you. I hope you can clearly mark which work is yours and who's was edited, and give credit where credit is due.

However PLEASE refrain from making statements like:
You probably don`t get why some prefer
retro 8-bit styles instead of NEO GEO stuff, but that may have to do with limited knowledge on how the
market works I guess.

As it reads very antagonistic and does not help in characterizing you positively.

Ok, I may overeacted, I believe I should be excused for that
considering Vagrant overreacted too.

And everybody else , please let us finish the conversation with Vagrant, I can`t reply to all at once.
When this issue is cleared, I will be happy to answer any possible other questions.

So Vagrant, I really didn`t expect you say you were not paid for those pieces, so no hard feelings
for saying what you said. And I admit that from my part, I should have written somewhere that the concept
artist was unknown, however it was a human mistake, there was not any bad intention.

I sent a message to my client who gave me these pieces asking for his opinion about your accusations.
You never know, maybe he bought these from someone and was scammed too.
If however he doesn`t reply, I can give his details so a warning is posted on the forum.

Now, please clarify, are you the one who originaly came up with the Wyvern Monster idea ?
Because anyone who reads what you wrote below can easily get that impression.
Vagrant said:
Which he edited; you can actually see the quality drop)
Spoiler: "Mine is this FFT styled Vagrant Story Wyvern monster I did long once."
1. The wyvern sprite you edited is my work. You're displaying my work as your own.
This picture you posted also http://i68.tinypic.com/202ik2.jpg doesn`t explain what kind of copyrights you
have on it.

Or the case is that you took an existing idea, made a pixel art version of it, named it same as the original and
published it globaly ? I mean how do you believe was it stolen from you, you had uploaded somewhere with global access or directly from your hard disk ?

If it is the first case, you are good.
If it is the second, you shouldn`t have done it without a license from the FFT company.
One could easily accuse you for idea theft and unauthorised publication, if he was bad willing.
And it would also mean that you should consider your part of responsibility for this whole mess,
as you initialy provided something you shouldn`t have.

Please tell us which case is it, so I know if I can present the animations I did with your name,
or if I shouldn`t showcase them at all.

Offline ||||

• The brand with four stripes
    • lijj_1111
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/new_icons.asp?owner=30996&ob=search&dosearch=1
    • Lijj
    • View Profile
 ???

Daminit he's back.

Now I'm actually getting pissed!

This picture you posted also http://i68.tinypic.com/202ik2.jpg doesn`t explain what kind of copyrights you
have on it.

Or the case is that you took an existing idea, made a pixel art version of it, named it same as the original and
published it globaly ? I mean how do you believe was it stolen from you, you had uploaded somewhere with global access or directly from your hard disk ?

If it is the first case, you are good.
If it is the second, you shouldn`t have done it without a license from the FFT company.
One could easily accuse you for idea theft and unauthorised publication, if he was bad willing.
And it would also mean that you should consider your part of responsibility for this whole mess,
as you initialy provided something you shouldn`t have.

Unlike you who obviously has no creativity; Vagrant doesn't need a pre-existing model to create something off of. I stand as a witness that this was his concept and original art. Just give it up.

Also you can't deny that Bomblord is mine nor can you deny the frame ripping Surt posted.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 01:37:02 am by |||| »

Offline Crow

• Administrator
  • Technicanimal
    • View Profile
Just to make this clear: Animator has been given the chance to clear this up, so please allow him to do just that. I'm keeping an eye on this and I feel there really is no need to get hostile. If you have any other claims to make that you would like to have cleared up as well, go ahead and post them, but please stay civil.

Offline Animator

• View Profile
Just to make this clear: Animator has been given the chance to clear this up, so please allow him to do just that. I'm keeping an eye on this and I feel there really is no need to get hostile. If you have any other claims to make that you would like to have cleared up as well, go ahead and post them, but please stay civil.
Thank you Crow.