AuthorTopic: [ OPEN ] Professional Artist ( Pixel art, digital art, concept, animation )  (Read 18096 times)

Offline Animator

• View Profile
Hello, I am Spyros Kontis, specializing in pixel art, digital art, concepts and 2D animation. I have worked as the main artist
in various companies, such as Gitsumm Inc( http://www.gitsumm.com ) and Lion Games .
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Lion+Games
I am currently available to work on PAID projects, I am open to discuss both flat rates or hour rates.

My prices are reasonable if you are serious about it.
Below are samples from RPG, Platform and Fighting games  I was hired to create, if you like what you see hire me to make your game shine !
In case you were looking for something different, still send me an email, I can mimic almost any graphic style.

You can contact me in elksigr@yahoo.com
My skype id is :    spyros.kontis

1) Pixel art samples

The Lionheart of Liuzhou - Isometric pixel art.
This is a big RPG that occupied me for about a year, funded by Gitsumm Inc. I was given a 60 color palette to create it

Chibi Witch, Animations by Spyros Kontis, static sprite provided by client.

2) Digital art samples

Revere - A Story of The End RPG by Strashiner Studios, www.strashinerstudios.com
Background tilesets by Spyros Kontis, effects by Strashiner Studios
Game Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTDsja-H6ME

3) Concept Illustrations

4) Fighting Games

You can also play them on Google Play, in Lion Games page
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Lion+Games
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 09:06:41 pm by Animator »

Offline Animator

• View Profile
Update ! Some samples of my latest pixel art pieces and digital animations. I am still available for hire.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 09:09:21 pm by Animator »

Offline awl_ii

• View Profile
After working with Animator for the last month or so, I HIGHLY recommend him for game art!

1. Good quality, as you can already tell by his portfolio.

2. He's willing to work within a budget. I had around $500 to work with, yet needed seventy-two 80 x 128 sprites applied across six 240 x 512 human templates with a walking animation. We agreed to approximately $7 per sprite. I am beyond satisfied with the quality for the sprites as they were designed with my exact specifications. 

3. Fast, courteous response, and he follows up with questions. He always asks if everything is OK so you get exactly what you want. Although I didn't have a deadline for anything, I never felt I waited too long for a commission to be completed. Even without pressure, Animator has a fast turnaround.

Animator is a pleasure to work with and a genuine professional, if you needed any proof beyond his display in this topic!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 10:35:02 pm by awl_ii »

Offline pstroffo

• View Profile
I recently used Spyros for pixel art for an up-and-coming iPhone game.  His character designs, quality, pricing, and time-to-deliver are all top-notch, and I plan to keep using him as long as he's available!

Phil Stroffolino
Easy 8 Software

Offline fatesruin

• View Profile
I recently had the utmost pleasure of working with Spyros on a short manga story I wrote called EIEN. He is very prompt, honest and meets his deadlines. I had several thoughts on many things and he always listened to what I said with care, took it seriously and came back with exactly what I was looking for. I would recommend him as a friend and artist to anybody looking for somebody with some creative talent.

Let me also say that his talent is beyond words. He is exceptionally gifted, and I am very thankful to have come across him.

Thank you Spyros,

Looking forward to working together in the future,

Cheers,

Trowa D. Cloud
Project ELEMENT | Four Lords
www.curseborn.com

Offline Animator

• View Profile
Some background I did for a recent project.
All of them are pixel art, however only one of them I present in original size, the others are 50% scaled down. Enjoy !

Offline haiyo

• View Profile
To Spyros,

Thank you for your work. You are very professional as a virtual artist for my upcoming game, Cross Blade.
It is very hard to find people who are working online and virtual to have commitment and responsibilities in such employment.

Thank you,
Abraham
www.dwarvendesigns.com

Offline AG_Sash

• View Profile
I highly recommend Spyros.

Had the pleasure of working with Spyros recently. It's rare to find someone who is so professional while working remotely.

Listen patiently to my requirements at the start, then followed up with great recommendations (Quality, time, price, etc...). All his communication was fast and courteous. I was never left waiting. He asked questions through out, ensuring that I was satisfied with the result. I was very pleased with the end outcome.

I look forward to working with him in the future.

Sasha
Appreciate Games | Lead Designer

Offline kupo15

• View Profile

Re: Professional Artist ( Pixel art, digital art, concept, animation )

Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 05:01:47 pm
I recently hired Spyros for a game commission and I highly recommend his services. Handled everything very professional, patient and communicated effectively what you asked him to do before doing it as to make you feel very comfortable. He is very flexible and understanding when it comes to indie's budget and working with indie's in general.

Thanks Spyros!

Offline wafflebrains

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 04:00:26 pm
I recently had the opportunity to work with Spyros, and was incredibly impressed with the quality, professionalism, and accountability I received. Not only were my requests made, but Spyros made sure to make any revisions I desired, and all of the work was delivered on time and in the correct formats. I highly recommend Spyros for your next Pixel art project.

Offline KevinCow

• View Profile

Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 04:13:43 pm
I just finished working with Spyros, and I was very happy with his work! He was professional, high quality, and surprisingly quick! I'll definitely get in touch with him again when I can afford to have more artwork done for my game.

Offline Strashiner

• View Profile
This individual is a thorough worker and likes to get good quality work done in the fastest time. Sure he may cost a little extra here and there but he is a talented artist. I recommend anyone to hire him who favors nice pixelated art as his art work itself proves he is a stellar artist with many years of experience.
He is very calm in answering questions and will listen to every need a client wants without ever arguing.
Even giving so much as a rough sketch could set him on a track to get your desired product with ease.

I recommend him to anyone seeking a pixel artist, believe me, I REALLY recommend him to anyone who is seeking a pixel artist.

Good job Spyros, keep up the good work!

Offline diemath

• View Profile
Spyros is super talented and efficient! When I approached him about working on our project, he was very understanding regarding our budget limitations.  Once we made an agreement, he worked very quickly to produce some outstanding animation based upon our existing models.  Though I had previously been doing the animation myself for the project, his work blew mine out of the water!  I can't recommend him enough!

Offline roybatty

• View Profile
I have been working with Spyros for months now, he's my primary animator, and the engagement has been great.
Spyros is professional and punctual.  The assets were delivered regularly, at good cost, and he was responsive to changes and tweaks. (I tried to pay for anything extensive or that wasn't originally communicated).  He was also great on all delivery requirements, position on the canvas, naming convention, etc., and when I did have tweaks it was turned quickly and without a lot of back and forth.  I highly recommend contacting him if you have game art needs.

Offline nerdypants

• View Profile
got my game tiles done by spyros, fast worker. nice, special designs and layouts i would never have thought of. professional person. +1

Offline nyrsis

• View Profile
I've been working with Spyros for a couple months now. So far, everything has been great. He's very professional and easy to work with. Communication is good, deliveries are very timely, quality is good. He's been primarily working on animations for the main character of my game. I plan to continue working with him for the rest of the project (and wouldn't hesitate to contact him for future projects). Highly recommended!

Here's my original posting he replied to:
http://wayofthepixel.net/index.php?topic=18823.0

Offline GameMakerX

• View Profile
Extremely talented and professional artist. He was able to finish the character sprites I needed and within budget. He always made sure everything was okay with me and made adjustments accordingly. I definitely recommend him, and will probably contact him if I need additional work done.

Offline ericbomb

• View Profile
Fantastic artist. He's done a handful of characters for me and I have a number of characters for him still to do and so far it's all been great. All the characters are done quickly and at a great quality, I didn't expect to find someone as good as Spyros with my budget so I'm really pleased to be working with him.

Offline locohost

• View Profile
I'm currently working with Spyros and I have nothing but positive thoughts on our working relationship. The work is performed quickly and everything is done with care and always to my specifications. I look forward to working a few more projects with Spyros in the coming months.

Mark Deibert
d6games

Offline Odorias

• View Profile
Hi everyone! My name is Osama Dorias and I'm the co-founder of Magic Pants. We commissioned Spyros a few months ago to work on our debut title Heroes Never Lose: Professor Puzzler's Perplexing Ploy and he has been a true joy to work with! Professional, fast, and exceptionally talented, we will work with Spyros again. Spyros comes with my highest recommendations.

Thank you.

Offline sniffysnails

• View Profile
Greetings all,

I had the opportunity to work with Spyros for his art. He did a great job at a great price. I would definitely recommend.

Offline hikomomoji

• View Profile
I highly Recommend Sypros ! I commissioned him for Pixel work and digital graphic work and he delivered with exactly what I wanted even though I requested many changes throughout the process. Great working with him with great communication and also sending drafts to make sure it is what i wanted.

Great working with you and looking forward to work more!  :)

Offline ghulten

• View Profile
Spyros animated assets for a retro rpg for me. Great quality. Easy to work with. One of the best artists to give feedback to -- he really wanted to deliver what I wanted. Will work with him again for sure!

Geoff

Offline MCAnderson

• View Profile
Spyros provided multiple assets to my project for a very reasonable price and was very responsive to the needs of my project.  I fully intend to work with Spyros again in the future for future projects and once the Kick starter is complete for my current one.

Spyros,
I look forward to working with you again!

Offline geoffkflee

• View Profile
I had the immense pleasure of working with the talented Spyros Kontis over the last few months.

As a hobbyist getting into video game development, Spyros set aside time to introduce to me the many nuances and practices of the video game art industry as well as help draft up several options I could take depending on time, money, and effort. From my initial discussion with him, I had the impression that Spyros is reliable, trustworthy, and dependable; and by the end of our first project together my opinion of him has only improved.

He is flexible and was able to adjust to my wildly fluctuating schedule. He was always available to be contacted over Skype and was ready to share his ideas and opinions; as well as accept them too. He also keeps in touch to make sure that the quality of his work meets up to standards, which they always do.

I am extremely satisfied with his work, and look forward to contracting his expertise again soon in the future.

This is one of the few things he has worked on with me, as posted on his profile:

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 02:53:11 am by geoffkflee »

Offline joemorris86

• View Profile
Spyros created a great walking and fighting sprite sheet for me. The whole process from concept to completion was very smooth and the end result was fantastic. Would highly recommend using Spyros and I look forward to working with him again in the near future.

Offline Blitzstorm2015

• View Profile
Had the pleasure to work with Spyro on my game. He delivered top quality work in a short amount of time and with a great budget. I'm truly happy with the out come. Will be working with Spyro some more in the near future.

Offline edgarmg

• View Profile
Excelent working with Spyros. Proffesional, quality and communication as expected. Worked with him for a video-game screen design including backgrounds and objects. Team loved his work.

Offline guadalcanal

• View Profile
Working with Spyros was a pleasure, he was efficient and very affordable as well. I was very happy with the logo he designed for my website. Despite having computer problems he delivered quickly and was able to make requested changes.

Offline Michael82

• View Profile
Spyros is by far the most talented artist i have ever worked with.
He did some sprites and backgrounds out of complex pictures and each time i couldnt beleive his results as they were beyond extraordinary.
I will do another game with him for sure!!! :)
Michael.

Offline Michael82

• View Profile
An example of work done by Spyros Kontis Team are the sprites in this Seinfeld fan game, you can see how perfect they are, and some stunning backgrounds; such as the forest scene, the STUNNING apartment lobby at 9:55 was beyond extraordinary, the cafe background ...
Again, beyond professional results :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DYIDkhZ3JMY

Offline cpeterson

• View Profile
Spyros has just completed a commission project for Eminent Entertainment, LLC on time and with a high degree of professionalism and quality. As a developer I am very pleased with the results of this commission. The project was complex and somewhat experimental, and Spyros went above and beyond to work with our team to deliver exactly what we needed.  I am excited to work further with Spyros, if any developers have any specific questions about Spyros' work ethic or quality, feel free to email me at cpeterson@eminententertainment.net.

Offline Avagantamos

• View Profile
Hello everyone!  I've been working with Spyros for quite some time now.  Looking back at my oldest contact with him, we've been working together since August 23rd, 2016.  So, I'd like to think that I can present a solid depiction of Spyros's work ethic and quality.  I hope the brief review to follow helps you on your journey, as you scroll through these forums determining who will best suit your art needs.

First and foremost, Spyros is a professional.  Make no mistake about it, he is the real deal and will work with you until you have a piece of art for your game that meets and most likely exceeds your expectations.  In our time working together, I have commissioned a fair amount of characters for my game.  If you need an example of his professional pacing, he was able to complete 12 character designs and pixel art pieces (all at varying sizes ranging from 48x57 - 128x128) within 2 - 3 weeks.  I had provided a large 8 page document detailing the characters I needed and Spyros perfectly translated my thoughts into brilliant art for my game project.  All by the way, done at a fair price point, considering the quality of the product.

So in short, if you are in need of an artist for your upcoming game project, whether it's for a hobby or a professional venture I would look no further than Spyros.  If you have any specific questions about Spyros or my experiences with him, please feel free to send me a message and I will get back to you with honest feedback. 

Offline ricvalerio

• View Profile
We recently had the pleasure to work with Spyros, and he is an excellent professional. He does an excellent job at processing ideas, requirements, asks relevant questions, and even helps with examples when we are not sure on a direction, and delivers excellent assets.

It was very pleasant to see the resulting work, and we definitely recommend him. We will also surely be working with him in the future!

Thank you Spyros!

Offline FGG

• View Profile
Will like to say that Spyros did good work for us. Listened to our directions and gave out a decent project. Look forward to working with them again in the future.

Offline Vagrant

• At your service.
    • @VagrantPixels
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/43310.htm
    • View Profile
Guys, I'd like to bring something to your attention.

This guy's thread here has always looked suspicious. And his "work", a nonsensical mixture of utter mediocrity among actually decent pixels, even more so.
Now, how would I know this? Because I found my own work among his crap; (Which he edited; you can actually see the quality drop)

Who knows how much he's also stolen. Beware.

And beware also of what I suspect are the innumerable fake accounts he's been creating to praise himself repeatedly. He feels rather desperate. The kind of person I'd not like to work with. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 09:04:03 pm by Vagrant »

Offline Animator

• View Profile

This guy's thread here has always looked suspicious. And his "work", a nonsensical mixture of utter mediocrity among actually decent pixels, even more so.
Now, how would I know this? Because I found my own work among his crap; (Which he edited; you can actually see the quality drop)

And beware also of what I suspect are the innumerable fake accounts he's been creating to praise himself repeatedly. He feels rather desperate. The kind of person I'd not like to work with.

I am very unpleasantly surprised by the attack from a colleague Vagrant.
I sent you PM to resolve the matter but since you haven`t responded yet I will need to address you here.

1) You present no proof about your claims that the wyvern is yours. Can you show us the one you say is the original please? And if you do, you must have posted to a third party place where the date is earlier than mine. Otherwise
you can always be you copying me and claiming falsly it is yours.
The story behind this sprite is this: It was given to me as it is, no edits, by a client. The client asked me to animate
it and he said the concept was made by another artist he hired. If you are that artist and you prove it, then
are you claiming the client stole it from you and you were not paid ? If there is such a case, I will accept to remove
it, but if you were paid, then I will keep it mentioning your name as the concept artist but still I keep the animation rights.

2) The testimonials from my clients are real. What proof you have for the opposite?
Some of them have left their companies name, did you contact any of them and told you he is not my client? Many artists have testimonials from happy costumers,
if you don`t have any, then you should start wondering why they are not so happy with you to leave you a testimonial.

3) The opinion you have about my art is always subjective and respected, however expresing it with offensive
language such as the word "crap" you do, says something about your character.
To answer your question though, the reason you see many styles variety in my portfolio is because I am versatile
and able to follow pre existing styles in pixel art of any kind. This is something any true professional is able
to do, because big games cannot be made by a single artist and all the team should be able to draw the same
way to ensure consistency.
In addition, every client asks for something different, so their games stand out.
If you are not versatile and flexible you are not able to understand this, nor why some of my clients
do not fit your personal tastes. But accusing me that I steal other people`s work just because you
don`t like some of my samples is ridiculous.
I will again ask you to present some solid proof for your accusations - not childish assumptions otherwise
you need to apologize.

Offline Vagrant

• At your service.
    • @VagrantPixels
    • View Profile

I sent you PM to resolve the matter but since you haven`t responded yet I will need to address you here.

1) You present no proof about your claims that the wyvern is yours. Can you show us the one you say is the original please? And if you do, you must have posted to a third party place where the date is earlier than mine. Otherwise
The story behind this sprite is this: It was given to me as it is, no edits, by a client. The client asked me to animate
it and he said the concept was made by another artist he hired. If you are that artist and you prove it, then
are you claiming the client stole it from you and you were not paid ? If there is such a case, I will accept to remove
it, but if you were paid, then I will keep it mentioning your name as the concept artist but still I keep the animation rights.

2) The testimonials from my clients are real. What proof you have for the opposite?
Some of them have left their companies name, did you contact any of them and told you he is not my client? Many artists have testimonials from happy costumers,
if you don`t have any, then you should start wondering why they are not so happy with you to leave you a testimonial.

3) The opinion you have about my art is always subjective and respected, however expresing it with offensive
To answer your question though, the reason you see many styles variety in my portfolio is because I am versatile
and able to follow pre existing styles in pixel art of any kind. This is something any true professional is able
to do, because big games cannot be made by a single artist and all the team should be able to draw the same
In addition, every client asks for something different, so their games stand out.
If you are not versatile and flexible you are not able to understand this, nor why some of my clients
do not fit your personal tastes. But accusing me that I steal other people`s work just because you
I will again ask you to present some solid proof for your accusations - not childish assumptions otherwise
you need to apologize.

1. The wyvern sprite you edited is my work. You're displaying my work as your own.

2. It's widely known that I've been creating work in the style of Final Fantasy Tactics for a long time now. Almost nine years, I believe. I pixelled this wyvern around that time, and I also drew a portrait for it:

3. Judging by this and other minor suspicions, I wouldn't blame myself for speculating on the veracity of your claims, as well as that of your "clients".

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • View Profile
Animator: If any of your work is done in collaboration with other artists, or you have received static graphics from the client to animate, it should be clearly stated for each work where this is the case. This will remove any confusion as to what your role in a given piece was. If you are able to credit the other artists involved, even better.

Offline Animator

• View Profile

you need to apologize.

1. The wyvern sprite you edited is my work. You're displaying my work as your own.

2. It's widely known that I've been creating work in the style of Final Fantasy Tactics for a long time now. Almost nine years, I believe. I pixelled this wyvern around that time, and I also drew a portrait for it:

3. Judging by this and other minor suspicions, I wouldn't blame myself for speculating on the veracity of your claims, as well as that of your "clients".
I am willing to believe you may be the concept artist, so I removed the particular pieces until further clarifications
are made. You are not the only one who makes FFT style sprites, many clients request this style and many artists
mimic it like you say you mimic it as well.
Now the sheet below is what I received from that client 2 years ago. Can you clarify if all these concepts are yours
and if you were normaly paid? I have animated a lot of them and was planning to present them, so I can put your
nickname under them as concept artist.

As you see there were no bad intentions, I didn`t know who made them and I would expect, since you found out
that we have worked on the same project, to ask me about it first before you jump into rushed conclusions.
Seriously, why didn`t you ?
The language you used and the kind of accusations you made show too much anger , or maybe jealousy.
If as you say you are 9 years around, I really don`t understand why you don`t have numerous testimonials
by your clients under your portfolios and you find suspicious when someone has.
They are real, no matter what you prefer to believe and they will keep coming as I have worked on over
160 games so far and I do my best to keep my clients happy. You probably don`t get why some prefer
retro 8-bit styles instead of NEO GEO stuff, but that may have to do with limited knowledge on how the
market works I guess.

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant
So this:

Isnt a frame-by-frame copy of this:

?

Offline yaomon17

• valedevelopment
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio
You should always state if you are working off a base. I could just grab some top notch art, animate it by moving a head up and down a few frames and call it mine and it will mislead people into thinking I made the whole thing. It is intentionally being deceiving. Since you claim you are so experienced, I assume you were well aware of how deceiving you were being and your intentions there were clear. Now for the clients, Vagrant was likely out of line and reacted in a very human way being emotionally compromised, acting out on his suspicions rashly. It would be right to apologize for accusing the accounts. I can't really say I had a clearer head the first time I found someone taking credit for my work without crediting me so I can empathize. Luckily I was able to resolve matters privately and the guy apologized. I can't empathize as well from the other end though since I never tried to pass off others' work without crediting them to clients, so you will have to try to help me understand your thought process there.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:27:36 pm by yaomon17 »

Offline ||||

• The brand with four stripes
    • lijj_1111
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/new_icons.asp?owner=30996&ob=search&dosearch=1
    • Lijj
    • View Profile
Oh my!
The red firey guy on the bottom left is mine originally. http://lijj.deviantart.com/art/Bomb-Lord-419416396
 If you animated it I would like to see it!

Offline Vagrant

• At your service.
    • @VagrantPixels
    • View Profile

Yep. All of that is mine. Minus the awesome, awesome bombs and Bomb Lord on the left, courtesy of |||| here.
We worked both the FFT style together once, but as a hobby- we weren't paid before.

And yet you pass all of this editing/tracing as your original work, and you promote yourself as the original artist, and you ask payment for it.

That is called deceit, theft.

So let's say I want to hire a True Professional. I as a client would be considered scammed if I believed that you did all you say you do. You can get away with it, but your entire house of cards is bound to fall once you're found out, like it is happening now.
All of this is avoided if credit is given where credit is due. And if you don't know where your sprites came from, you say that as well.

It's simple.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • clement.wolfram
    • paintbread
    • View Profile
    • lolipopsicle
Um haha how about no

whether or not those testimonials are real or fake doesn't matter, I'm banning you for passing that work off as your own. Especially to protect clients who are using this forum to find artists to create original works for them.

Also for being an ass. Leaving this open so people can find any other junk you've stolen.

It was my mistake for jumping to conclusions after seeing only one side of the accusations, there is still the possibility this is a misunderstanding, so you have my apologies for banning you. I hope you can clearly mark which work is yours and who's was edited, and give credit where credit is due.

However PLEASE refrain from making statements like:
You probably don`t get why some prefer
retro 8-bit styles instead of NEO GEO stuff, but that may have to do with limited knowledge on how the
market works I guess.

As it reads very antagonistic and does not help in characterizing you positively.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 10:50:02 pm by Atnas »

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!
A good resolution, IMO. You're clearly able to work without theft, try to break your scum habits and come back after you shake that off.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Animator

• View Profile
Um haha how about no

whether or not those testimonials are real or fake doesn't matter, I'm banning you for passing that work off as your own. Especially to protect clients who are using this forum to find artists to create original works for them.

Also for being an ass. Leaving this open so people can find any other junk you've stolen.

It was my mistake for jumping to conclusions after seeing only one side of the accusations, there is still the possibility this is a misunderstanding, so you have my apologies for banning you. I hope you can clearly mark which work is yours and who's was edited, and give credit where credit is due.

However PLEASE refrain from making statements like:
You probably don`t get why some prefer
market works I guess.

As it reads very antagonistic and does not help in characterizing you positively.

Ok, I may overeacted, I believe I should be excused for that
considering Vagrant overreacted too.

And everybody else , please let us finish the conversation with Vagrant, I can`t reply to all at once.
When this issue is cleared, I will be happy to answer any possible other questions.

So Vagrant, I really didn`t expect you say you were not paid for those pieces, so no hard feelings
for saying what you said. And I admit that from my part, I should have written somewhere that the concept
artist was unknown, however it was a human mistake, there was not any bad intention.

I sent a message to my client who gave me these pieces asking for his opinion about your accusations.
You never know, maybe he bought these from someone and was scammed too.
If however he doesn`t reply, I can give his details so a warning is posted on the forum.

Now, please clarify, are you the one who originaly came up with the Wyvern Monster idea ?
Because anyone who reads what you wrote below can easily get that impression.
Vagrant said:
Which he edited; you can actually see the quality drop)
Spoiler: "Mine is this FFT styled Vagrant Story Wyvern monster I did long once."
This picture you posted also http://i68.tinypic.com/202ik2.jpg doesn`t explain what kind of copyrights you
have on it.

Or the case is that you took an existing idea, made a pixel art version of it, named it same as the original and
published it globaly ? I mean how do you believe was it stolen from you, you had uploaded somewhere with global access or directly from your hard disk ?

If it is the first case, you are good.
If it is the second, you shouldn`t have done it without a license from the FFT company.
One could easily accuse you for idea theft and unauthorised publication, if he was bad willing.
And it would also mean that you should consider your part of responsibility for this whole mess,
as you initialy provided something you shouldn`t have.

Please tell us which case is it, so I know if I can present the animations I did with your name,
or if I shouldn`t showcase them at all.

Offline ||||

• The brand with four stripes
    • lijj_1111
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/new_icons.asp?owner=30996&ob=search&dosearch=1
    • Lijj
    • View Profile
 ???

Daminit he's back.

Now I'm actually getting pissed!

This picture you posted also http://i68.tinypic.com/202ik2.jpg doesn`t explain what kind of copyrights you
have on it.

Or the case is that you took an existing idea, made a pixel art version of it, named it same as the original and
published it globaly ? I mean how do you believe was it stolen from you, you had uploaded somewhere with global access or directly from your hard disk ?

If it is the second, you shouldn`t have done it without a license from the FFT company.
One could easily accuse you for idea theft and unauthorised publication, if he was bad willing.
And it would also mean that you should consider your part of responsibility for this whole mess,

Unlike you who obviously has no creativity; Vagrant doesn't need a pre-existing model to create something off of. I stand as a witness that this was his concept and original art. Just give it up.

Also you can't deny that Bomblord is mine nor can you deny the frame ripping Surt posted.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 01:37:02 am by |||| »

Offline Crow

• Administrator
  • Technicanimal
    • View Profile
Just to make this clear: Animator has been given the chance to clear this up, so please allow him to do just that. I'm keeping an eye on this and I feel there really is no need to get hostile. If you have any other claims to make that you would like to have cleared up as well, go ahead and post them, but please stay civil.

Offline Animator

• View Profile
Just to make this clear: Animator has been given the chance to clear this up, so please allow him to do just that. I'm keeping an eye on this and I feel there really is no need to get hostile. If you have any other claims to make that you would like to have cleared up as well, go ahead and post them, but please stay civil.
Thank you Crow.

Offline Animator

• View Profile
???

Daminit he's back.

Now I'm actually getting pissed!

have on it.

Unlike you who obviously has no creativity; Vagrant doesn't need a pre-existing model to create something off of. I stand as a witness that this was his concept and original art. Just give it up.

Also you can't deny that Bomblord is mine nor can you deny the frame ripping Surt posted.
There is no reason to get upset III.
Regarding your sprite, the bottom left one, I was not asked to animate it.
The client told me that yours is the original and that the monster above it was done by the artist he hired
as a simpler quality boss sprite in order not to offend your copyrights. I have kept the emails and I can show
them to you if necessary.

It appears that what he told me was probably not true but what is certain is that your work
is not involved in this issue.

Let me know if it clear regarding your part .

I would also like Vagrant to answer my question, please let him do so.
To make more specific my concern, for example when I type on the net FF Wyvern Monster
I find this

It looks to me like a 3d version of Vagrant`s sprite. And a quick search shows many others like this.
I never played an FF title to know which comes first and what characters it includes so I am asking Vagrant if his
sprite was officially made for the FF company or if it was made as a hobby after he saw a concept like the image
I just posted of that monster.

I can reply about the flying owl also, I am just trying to keep an order to the conversation, however
if the moderators or the admin prefer me to do that before clearing the issue with Vagrant, let me know.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!
You do realize that's not how copyright works, right?
And that it's not related in the slightest to you stealing and building off his work?
The debate isn't about the legality of this, it's about the morality of it.
Not sourcing the sprites you work from (and, as surt showcased, the animations you trace) is a scummy move and may also count under plagiarism law, if you do want to get legal with it.

Stop trying to deflect, you did a bad thing. Apologize and don't do it in the future, dragging it out like this just makes you come off as incredibly disingenuous.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Vagrant

• At your service.
    • @VagrantPixels
    • View Profile
You do realize that's not how copyright works, right?
And that it's not related in the slightest to you stealing and building off his work?
The debate isn't about the legality of this, it's about the morality of it.
Not sourcing the sprites you work from (and, as surt showcased, the animations you trace) is a scummy move and may also count under plagiarism law, if you do want to get legal with it.

Stop trying to deflect, you did a bad thing. Apologize and don't do it in the future, dragging it out like this just makes you come off as incredibly disingenuous.

Pretty much. ^

The Wyvern was fan art- I never intended my pixel rendition of it to be used for profit.
It also is my art. I don't approve of you using it and passing it as your work.

Long version; I re-adapted this creature concept (3D, low poly) into pixel art form. Requiring substantial study to make it work in the FFT style, and be a perfect fit. A skill and capabilities demo in and of itself, if I had wanted to display it in my 2008 portfolio: "Look at my skills in creating a concept in this format. Do you like it, (possible future client)?"
"Here's the original concept, (client), so you can compare. It's from [game]." - Credit is important, so they know exactly what they're getting.
"Yes, I can turn your concepts into pixel art versions."

Similarly, your portfolio should be full of these clarifications and credit giving where credit is due, especially if your only role in the displayed work was to add animation frames. Or tracing from another 2D work. Or sprite recoloring/amalgamating.
Stealing and ripping are entirely different issues altogether. 
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:52:19 pm by Vagrant »