AuthorTopic: [Unpaid] Seeking Pixel artist  (Read 3423 times)

Offline rvsarmy

• View Profile

[Unpaid] Seeking Pixel artist

on: August 23, 2013, 04:19:46 am
I'm a programmer looking for a pixel artist. The goal of the team is to make games that are easy to make and can be done within 1-2 months. Target platform would be iOS since it's the most accessible platform and easiest to maintain. If interested please email me at grvsarmy@gmail.com

Offline Ymedron

• All draw and no paint!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart account

Re: [Unpaid] Seeking Pixel artist

Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 08:41:36 am
I'd recommend also listing what style of pixel art you're looking for, what skill level, whether you'll be selling the finished game (protip: if you are, it's a better idea to pay the artist. Art is just as much work as coding and making sound for the game.) and possibly what projects you're working on right now.
Also my art tumblr: ymedronart.tumblr.com

Offline rvsarmy

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 11:45:49 am
Thanks for your tips Ymedron.

I don't know that much about pixel art but what I'm looking for is close to the 2d classic rpg games or Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.
As for the skill level I don't mind if the artist is a beginner for as long as he/she can deliver. As much as I want to pay the artist unfortunately I don't have the money that's why I'm looking for more a partner rather than an employee. I know art is just as much work as any other creative discipline for I've worked with several artist at one point and I was the only programmer. As for the project nothing is set in stone so I'm hesitant to show it to general public.

Here's a vid showcasing my programming skills.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e_Vpta9Ow0
Here's a vid showcasing my noob pixel art.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqTZVsgFreo

Offline rvsarmy

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 12:24:53 pm
The position is filled.

Thanks!