AuthorTopic: Famous buildings  (Read 5534 times)

Offline Pandameisje

• View Profile

Famous buildings

on: October 29, 2010, 07:24:17 pm
Well I just joined this forum and I want to show how I got started in pixel art. Critique is welcome, but I'm not planning on changing these anymore. Some of these are from a year or two ago, and I like to see how I improve. :) It's my hobby to draw famous buildings in pixel. I do other things as well, but I might post about that later.

All of my pixel art is done in MS Paint. I do have Photoshop, but I prefer Paint's simplicity and the challenge. Oh and all of these are posted on my DA account as well, hence the signature on the last one.

This was my very first building. Unfortunately I saved in JPEG because I was ignorant to better formats at that time. The background is horrible, but I guess it shows that I only just started at that point.

So that's it for now. =D I'd love to hear what you think. I still have a lot to learn, but I really enjoy working with pixels so I'm open to any new techniques or suggestions for the next building.

Offline Platypotter

• I'm all revved up!
    • View Profile

Re: Famous buildings

Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 08:33:48 pm
The empire state building reminds me of habbo... haha oh well. These are actually very well done.

Offline Sintua

• View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 09:03:17 pm
The empire state building is fantastic!
Lets see.. .I guess two possible issues would be:
1. The white outline of the windows looks a bit too contrasting n the shadowed side. It might be because of how narrow they are, but maybe a slightly dimmer white would pop out less?
2. The street is the same value, both in shadow and in sun (on the left).

Offline Pandameisje

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 03:43:57 pm
Thanks! :D

Oh my gosh, I completely forgot to shade the street. o_o I can't believe I never noticed that. Thanks for pointing it out to me! And I'm going to try dimming the white outline of the windows to see if it helps.