AuthorTopic: [C+C] Amazon Warrior Baby (you heard me!)  (Read 3022 times)

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

[C+C] Amazon Warrior Baby (you heard me!)

on: February 27, 2010, 08:04:52 am
Helllo buddies.  You're always such good help so I thought I'd ask for your input on my latest pet project.

I'd like to add more animations to this sprite, such as an attack, walk cycle, and a few other basics.  Primarily it's for fun and learning, but I'd love to get it right, yaknow!

Here's the current state of it with a little idle animation.

I'm really happy with the results so far, but some more experienced eyes on this before going too much further with it would be a great help.  Wanted to be sure I wasn't overlooking some glaring problems after staring at it for as long as I have.

And to answer any 'wtf is this' questions, it's supposed to be my 1-year old Daughter with her dragon-shaped blanket tied around her like a cloak.  I still need to add a pretty important part to the piece, a few pacifiers tied around her neck and diaper region to complete the look.  We call her "High Priestess Wannanoonie" on account of the fact that 'noonie' is the nickname for her pacifier.  The end!

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Re: [C+C] Amazon Warrior Baby (you heard me!)

Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 11:18:13 pm
Ha this is really cool! I like the concept and the pixeling and animation is real good! Only thing I dislike are the colors. For the skin you have very desaturated greens, these are more suited for a rotting cadaver then a baby! Babies are rosy and red and pink. I did a little color edit:

Keep up the good work!

Offline snakesqzns

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 01:08:36 am
I like this but I think it would be better if the expression change in the face happened the moment the staff is slammed into the ground.. not before.

Reminds me of the enemies you find in the first area of the game Wasteland.

Offline rustEdge

• that guy
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 07:59:31 am
Hrm, I think you should add a bit more motion from the shoulder when she moves the staff. It'll give a stronger connection between the staff slam and the jiggle of her body. Also, looking at how much her belly bounces around, intensify emotion of the moment. Maybe have more lines to suggest the motion, or a slight shift in posture. There's just this bit of disconnect between just standing and the extra animation.

The greenish color does make her look menacing. Or just plain creepy. Actually reminded me of the fetish creatures in Diablo2 for some reason... Nice concept, btw.  ;D