AuthorTopic: IRC Chat #pixelation  (Read 23725 times)

Offline Red_Mist

• Not enough pixels in the world.
    • View Profile
    • FuzionLLC

IRC Chat #pixelation

on: February 25, 2010, 08:59:56 pm
Hello, Just wanted to remind everyone here on the boards that there is still a Chat room available to those who wish to share works, get real-time critiques and meet people that share a common interest!  The chat room has been around almost as long as the forums and is always ready and waiting for new people!

While the boards are not monitored directly by the people here at wayofthepixel, I can assure you that the people who are running the show in the chat room are just as dedicated to being honest, fun, and fair as the people here. #pixelation Could use a few "more talented" full time or regular individuals to join the ranks so please stop by and show us what you got! the Chat room IS NOT intended as a replacement for the forum. You will never get a better critique or better help on your works as you can here on the Forums, but you may find Answers to questions that have been asked over and over again here on the forums that have become buried over time or just hard for newer pixelers to find. That way you can save some headaches here plus you may even find some new friends, who knows!

Some things #pixelation can provide are as follows:
1)  A place for noobs and advanced pixel artists alike wanting to get faster, real time critiques.
2)  A place to show off or share your current  pixel works or even non pixel art you may be working on, that may not be ready for the boards...
3)  A place for people to bring there works closer to something that would attract more hits on the forum.
4)  A place for up and coming pixel artist to meat some pixel legends and for the legends to meet their fans!
5)  A place to hang out and have a good time. And to get to know your fellow pixelers!

For anyone familiar with IRC, The board is hosted on: irc.sorcery.net  channel: #pixelation
You can also visit temporarily via web chat by going to http://www.sorcery.net/chat.html  Use this till they fix the link: http://www.sorcery.net/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=69 There you just have to enter a Username and Channel Name:
Ex)PixelFan would be the user name and Pixelation would be the chat room to enter. (No need for adding the # sign)

Again, this is not a replacement for the boards, rather, I like to consider it an expansion to the ever growing community here on pixilation and pixeljoint.
I definitely hope to get some feedback and suggestions and hope that the mods here approve of this post .

« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 02:44:02 am by Indigo »
<Xion> I can't see it why can't I see it

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Re: #pixelation

Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 02:20:27 am
Good to see the chat room alive and kicking! I'll make it a point to hang around in there, may the chat be plenty.   :)

Offline Tenshi

• Seraphic Radiance
    • View Profile
    • Tenshi Animetion

Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 04:11:16 am
Yes, the channel is still around and a couple of us old bats still hang around. Not that I'm old... . ;)
Jaeda / Jade

Offline Elk

• Choice Architect & Nudger
    • elkdarkshire
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/4683.htm
    • darkshire
    • darkshire.elk
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 08:47:47 am
Will hang around there too :)
Open for business
elkdarkshire@gmail.com
Elk#2299

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 02:45:36 pm
WILL HANG!

everybody should. Irc is fun when the channels are filled with nicepeoples.
' _ '

Offline Dex

• ---
    • adamfergusonart
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/11794.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 06:25:50 pm
'tis a nice chatroom! everyone should visit, it's a good place to get to know your fellow pixel-artists!

Offline Twirly

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 01:39:38 pm
I remember when I was at #pixelation some month ago, there were only like 7 people, good to see the channel grew a bit. I'm re-adding sorcery to my server list now ;D

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 02:41:33 pm
I'll try to join too, it's been a few years now, might be a good time to come back.

Offline linx

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 03:25:19 am
'tis a nice chatroom! everyone should visit, it's a good place to get to know your fellow pixel-artists!
Agreed! Come on in people  :lol:

Offline CrazyMLC

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 02:15:38 pm
I wonder why I missed this before! Time to get into IRC. :D