AuthorTopic: GR#017 - Female Anatomy (Nudity)  (Read 23544 times)

Offline Kælaar

• A life without Creativity is a life wasted.
    • View Profile
    • Kælaars Artstuffz

Re: [WIP]-Female Anatomy-[nudity]

Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 04:34:26 am
ok, i think ill just redo this bigger and in 8 head proportions, xD

Offline Stickman

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 04:45:57 pm
Hmmm, tricky subject as peoples structure differs between races, food and the terrain they live on. I know that in St.Lucia (my parents home town) the women seem to be a lot more curvy than the women I saw when I was in Japan who were more petite and slighter than the St.Lucian women. If you look at some of the work that Shannon has done on pixeljoint, her women are curvy as well as being heavy set. Some of the artwork has received crits about this, but I have seen more women like that, than the leggy, busty bombshell.

It may be best to check out a life drawing class and sketch some females.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 04:04:15 am

Thought a few of these were lacking some volumes, so i tried to rub out a quick one with old-fashioned toolies, appologize for camera perspective issues (the page is actually drawn on a t-square so it's accurate), it's late here and i haven't put phooshop back since I formatted.

Went for something of a human-Helen, on account of average being about 7.4 heads in the USA (not sure how accurate that is...but it's enough for me).  few things are a little screwy (you can tell I just crapped things out a bit after the shoulders, torso and pelvis, which were the main concerns/interests) but you can't win them all, just trying to get a few more perspectives in here.

Pay particular attention to the tapering legs in all the good references.  I've played this up trying to get her to approach a "mothering thighs" measure of two heads across (a bit too much i think, though we were taught it); your legs try to stay along a constant width with only superficial changes and the result is a bit awkward, particularly just above the knee.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 04:13:06 am by ndchristie »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Kælaar

• View Profile
    • Kælaars Artstuffz

Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 09:51:44 am
Thats awesome christie, this is almost exactly the form i was looking for, ill try to do a drawing using this over the next couple of days, as well as all of the other material.
Thanks again everyone you've been a great help.

Ill also be working on a wallpaper idea ive had, might post it on here when i start it.

Offline MonkeyBoi

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: March 02, 2010, 05:19:17 pm

thats my attempt for you. hope that helps slightlky.

the way you drew the feet suggests that the woman is standing with splayed feet. dont forget the toes get smaller, and therefore should appear smaller in perspective. also there shorter :)

;)

Offline Kælaar

• View Profile
    • Kælaars Artstuffz

Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 04:34:07 pm
Thank you =) that definately helps, ill add this to my study material for sure. =D