AuthorTopic: GR#017 - Female Anatomy (Nudity)  (Read 23465 times)

Offline Kælaar

• A life without Creativity is a life wasted.
    • View Profile
    • Kælaars Artstuffz

GR#017 - Female Anatomy (Nudity)

on: February 20, 2010, 02:02:41 am
Hey guys, ive been doing alot of study on human anatomy since my last post on here, i did these in 256x256 though looking back i should have
made it far bigger >.<

the main areas im concerned with are the hands feet and forearms, as this was just anatomy practice there is no intention for
shading or anything like that. Thanks ahead of time for any C&C. =)

PS: if anyone is looking for an accurate 256x256 - 7.5 head anatomy template message me and ill post it. xD
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 02:06:18 am by Kælaar »

Offline rustEdge

• that guy
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP]-Female Anatomy-[nudity]

Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 03:44:07 am
That is a fair amount of detailing. Just remember, boobs don't make a woman. The current musculature you have on your sketch is totally male.
The broadness of the shoulders, the lines of the arms, the shape of the torso, hips to thighs to calves to feet.

Take note of the darker brown lines. Instead of outlining the figure, I drew according to how each muscle or body part flows from one segment to another. Even if you're drawing a muscular woman, almost all of the lines flow in continuous curves.
I'll try and do some comparative analysis for you in a few days.

Keep on researching. After a while you'll really be able to notice the subtle nuances of the human figure,

Offline Kælaar

• View Profile
    • Kælaars Artstuffz

Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 05:55:21 am
Hehe, yea i noticed the very broad/stocky look after i finished the first draft, part of the problem is im using a really bad mouse on a wierd laptop,
ill be getting my tablet back in a few days hopefully,
thanks for the help and ill get to modifying mine right now. Should have an updated one soon enough. =)

at least i know i could make a male version easily enough =P

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 10:23:30 am
this might be a little bit closer to what you're going for. stocky is definitely not the way to go with ladies.

not " perfect" by any means, but you get the idea. biggest problem is that the shoulders should definitely not be that much broader than the hips.

Offline Kælaar

• View Profile
    • Kælaars Artstuffz

Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 10:56:01 am
god i hope its not the book im studying thats bad =P
my version looked almost identical to the book i was drawing from. But again, thank you ill add this to my reference materials, you guys are a great help =)
love this site xD

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 11:16:25 am
mind scanning the book version so we can at least ascertain if the book is good or not?

Offline Kælaar

• View Profile
    • Kælaars Artstuffz

Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 03:15:04 pm
Classic human anatomy by Valerie L. Winslow. Its a pretty new book 2009 i think, and it covers literally everything.
muscle structure,bones,etc is that what you meant by the book version?

edit: Wow fail.. i just now understood what you meant. uhh ill give it a try i dont know if this scanner works where i am though

ok there, ha.
hope that helps make sense of things, time for sleeep!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 03:23:44 pm by Kælaar »

Offline rustEdge

• that guy
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 05:31:13 pm
Hrm, the book itself is actually good. It's just that the specific shot you used as a reference isn't the best one on portraying a female body... As a supplement I'd recommend you check out Ron Lemen http://ronlemen.blogspot.com/. He's done some excellent tutorials in ImagineFX, and his gesture drawings are simple enough to deconstruct. He put me back on track in terms of anatomy.

A lot of art isn't exactly about what's real. What matters is the perception of reality; what we think is real. A bright red blob in a fruit stand will be seen as an apple. If it were a green apple, chances are you'd see it as some vegetable instead. It's the same with stylized anatomy. Females are more curvaceous, males have more straight lines. Females generally have lighter frames, males are stockier. Hybrid body types are much more difficult to portray, so be extra cautious when doing them until you're comfortable with the known archetypes (hybrids would include muscular females, effeminate males, fantastical humanoids such as half-elves, cyborgs, etc.)

Hoping to see your progression here, hehe.   ;D

Offline STE 86

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 10:07:29 pm
bloody hell. whats that title of that book?

"an introduction to drawing russian shotputters volume1"?

lol

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 03:01:37 am
This is a much more commonly accepted proportions and " ideal" female guide