AuthorTopic: GR#017 - Female Anatomy (Nudity)  (Read 23462 times)

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Re: [WIP]-Female Anatomy-[nudity]

Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 03:35:16 am
This is a much more commonly accepted proportions and " ideal" female guide
Wat really? I really don't think either of the guides are very good, but that one seems significantly less accurate than the one Kaelaar posted.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 03:48:14 am
hah, I love how Ryu's chick is wearing high-heels in the anat guide, and even labels them, haha. I agree with STE86, "reply#6" is referencing a very husky female, not suitable as a standard base.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 04:04:46 am
Sadly the one Ryu posted isn't exactly good either, it's not *wrong* (and neither is the Russian shotputter) it just describes extreme cases. Let me try to find something online.

Isn't it strange that the best I could find on google are on 3d models?

also, this

I have this taped to my wall at all times:

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 04:58:07 am
From a German anatomy book which is very good. (Bammes. Die Gestalt des Menschen)

There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 06:20:45 am
Interesting stuff, are the breasts really connected to the shoulder like that?

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 06:32:20 am
Well, the pectoral muscles are, and the breasts are aligned with them, so sorta- but that diagram is a bit exaggerated to get the point across.

EDIT:
This is a much more commonly accepted proportions and " ideal" female guide
Wat really? I really don't think either of the guides are very good, but that one seems significantly less accurate than the one Kaelaar posted.
Thing is, with the variety of today there really isn't a right proportion. that one shows the Ideal of Loomis's time and noting his success as an illustrator he was at least right in knowing what people wanted to see. Even when you find the " average" proportion guides like the translucent ladies Helm posted, you will find that more girls will fit into these extreme cases than they will in the average. I find proportions of the " average" figure to be extremely unhelpful- when do I want to draw someone average? when I'm drawing from life, the person is usually a model for the very reason that they have an interesting figure and will therefor not have average proportions- or if i'm illustrating I will probably want to make sure the girl is sexy and the guy is muscular because thats what the common folk like to see, and if i'm doing something personal I will indefinitely draw the ladies in a way I find attractive and the guys in a way that I wish I looked like.
But yeah, this is a common argument about proportions- I was hoping if I gave an example in an entirely different direction from the first reference he might find himself somewhere between the two.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 06:44:42 am by Ryumaru »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 09:38:46 am
I personally find nothing about the 'common' human figure to be very common, the opposite, fascinating. I don't think extreme cases are inherently more interesting and I don't think the 'common folk' want to see sexy & muscles (though I'm not saying those don't work, I think other approaches would also work). But this is getting a bit OT, I will perhaps do an edit at some point.

Offline Kælaar

• A life without Creativity is a life wasted.
    • View Profile
    • Kælaars Artstuffz

Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 10:18:49 am
omg i love you guys.  and i completely agree with you on that helm, i want to be able to make a good and accurate anatomy drawing, i dont care if its 'sexy'
although i dont want a man-woman, which apparently mine is haha!

=)

getting my tablet back tomorrow,hopefully ,and i should have a decent edit soon after
thanks all for the help.

Offline Kælaar

• A life without Creativity is a life wasted.
    • View Profile
    • Kælaars Artstuffz

Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 04:37:55 pm
ok i did some editing with my mouse, made the shoulders more feminine and hopefully fixed up the thighs and upper arms,
i know the legs probably still look manly but i wanted to make sure i was doing everything else right first.

thanks again for all the help everyone.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 10:10:32 pm
Thing is, what is accurate?

I think your guide has made the knees too low, possibly exaggerated by the confusion of placing it in the middle of a head length because of the 7.5 head length of the figure. In mine, and in ptoing's post, you'll notice the figure is 8 heads tall, and that the knees sit right on the line of the 2nd head length up. Also you are exaggerating the dip of the muscles of the thighs, and the extruded length of them worsens it. The vertical line down the chest indicating the sternum is unnecessary- it is rarely that defined, and if anything would be more defined on a male than female.
If you are going to go for the "average" physique, I believe ptoing's diagram will be of much more help to you than the one from your book.