AuthorTopic: Nurse Logo WIP  (Read 14225 times)

Offline Manupix

• View Profile
    • Pixeljoint gallery

Re: Nurse Logo WIP

Reply #30 on: February 25, 2010, 02:00:57 am

AAed the greyscale version (to a white bg; might need some fixing yet); tried more color versions (AA between color zones will have to be fixed).
I like messing with colors so much that I'll have a hard time settling for one.  :blind:

Hellaphone, DrD:  :lol:

Offline STE 86

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: February 25, 2010, 07:52:19 am
generally speaking i would not use red and green in a logo. the colours tend to "clash" with the eye when in print.

there used to be an ols axiom taught in artschool that "red and green must not be seen"

tho this is not a hard and fast rule, the use of red and green in advertising is usually limited to "christmas" ads (because of the holly and berries etc)

your use of blue and orange would work, tho i would go for purer hues.

also u could use deep blue and golden yellow for the people

Steve

Offline Kælaar

• A life without Creativity is a life wasted.
    • View Profile
    • Kælaars Artstuffz

Reply #32 on: February 25, 2010, 10:13:27 am
I completely agree with STE, the one that really catches my eye is the blue and orange one but when looking at it i find it a bit faded looking.
though the spiral thing in the middle is alright, because it makes more sense for the people to be the focus in something like this. or at least to me =)
Good luck!

Offline Manupix

• View Profile
    • Pixeljoint gallery

Reply #33 on: February 25, 2010, 06:47:39 pm
Thanks again guys for the valuable advice!

By orange and blue, I guess you mean 23?

I improved from that: saturated colors (not too much, I think the early suggestions about pastel-looking colors were good; also the blue is at the limit of printability, according to my color management photoshop settings).
Also fixed AA between color zones.