AuthorTopic: [WIP]The Good, The Bad, The Weird  (Read 5584 times)

Offline Jakten

• The Bionic Vapor Boy
    • View Profile
    • Levitating Rocksquatch

[WIP]The Good, The Bad, The Weird

on: February 16, 2010, 10:28:35 pm
I originally started this quite awhile ago for the Heroes and Baddies Challenge at Polycount but never got around to finishing it because I was busy. I picked it back up again because I wanted to practice some texturing skills and I like how this model turned out. I will hopefully get around to modeling all three characters, the Good, Bad and Weird. We'll see haha.

The requirements were:
character: 700 tris
texture space: 4 x 128px by 128px /or/ 1 x 256px by 256px (diffuse / alpha / specular)

My character is 680 tris and I chose one 256 x 256 map. (currently it's larger I like to paint them large and shrink them after and then clean it up a bit... I don't know if that is a good method but it works lol)  

Model:

Reference:

Rotation:

Please, any critiques would be greatly welcomed :D

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Re: [WIP]The Good, The Bad, The Weird

Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 02:29:27 am
Cool :)

I think it needs stronger shadow, maybe? I don't know how dark 3d model skins should be... but the wrinkles and folds definitely need a shadow. Need more shadow in the eye area, too, I think. The extreme white in the eyes could be toned down.

The profile of the face seems a little strange to have the mouth going in towards the skull, rather than out.