AuthorTopic: Why doesn't one of the administrators hold a contest for a banner?  (Read 4643 times)

Offline Ari

• View Profile
I don't kow if anybody has suggested this yet. I would definately think so. I'm probably just repeating something that's already been discussed. If so I'll just delete it.

Why don't we have a contest to make a banner for this forum? I think a nice pixeled banner would be nice for this forum. I know its just a simple forum without many boards or a theme. But it would be a nice toutch to have something made by a member of the community.

-That is all-
I see
Said the blind man
To his deff dog
In the corner of the round room.

mysticaurora

I agree. We already have certain parts of the board skinned; why not get the community to work on the rest of it? We could make it some sort of collage, or have a random banner PHP script. I could supply the script myself, if need be. It's a really simple script.

Addendum: It could be done pretty easily by creating a new table in the database and adding entries to it as part of the random selection. New entries would have the "auto_increment" attribute. Then you could use PHP to get the length of the database and run a random integer from 1 to whatever the length is(inclusive). The number returned would correspond with a particular filename, then you just select that part of the--

Screw it. I know how to do it, but I can't explain it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 06:41:33 am by Mystic Aurora »

Offline goat

• bl33t
    • View Profile
We are reluctant to make any commitment to the layout or function of this board there's still a little part of us in our hearts that believes this is a temp forum, and we still have bigger and better plans that a whole bunch of other factors keep getting in the way of.
typing ewith fdace

Offline hondo

• Wish you where here.
    • View Profile
I've noticed that we're just using the default faces like  :) and   :-\

What we should have is some pixel based faces.

Right ???

Offline Ari

• View Profile
I had no idea this was ever even ment to be a temp forum really. I thought nobody reeally wanted to bother with it is all. Weather this is temp. orpermanent. Whichever, we should definately look into skinning and customizeing it (either on this one, or the new one if we are not permanent). New buttons, smiles, banner, all of that would make this feel more like a community.
I see
Said the blind man
To his deff dog
In the corner of the round room.

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount
I'd be for customizable content, rotating banners, etc. If it's a temp forum, the mods should go ahead and change the situation. If the mods are too busy, then give the community what it wants, since it's the community that contributes to the forum. Stuff created for this forum could later be worked into a later definitive forum. Stalling doesn't make people happy.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix
If we do have some form of Banner Contest count me in.  I understand this is a temporary forum yet what is wrong with moving all of this to the new final resting place?  We can just pick up where we leave off on the new final grounds.
Proud to be a BMS team: