AuthorTopic: Untilted  (Read 3604 times)

Offline Smash

• View Profile

Untilted

on: February 14, 2010, 06:14:17 am
So.. Inspiration mysteriously glimpsed today, right when I saw Helm's muscle baby.. I don't know why or how this came out as a result, and neither if it holds any resemblances to it

It just came out

Probably a generic enemy (WIP), a villain perhaps, main character, and NPC, done from the right to the left. An rpg potential, maybe.

The palletes are same as the muscle baby, and are there as placeholders.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 06:25:13 am by Smash »

Offline Smash

• View Profile

Re: Untilted

Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 04:21:38 am

Attempting to study light.. Just attempts. [WIP]

This is all just for practice.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 05:13:53 am by Smash »

Offline Chis

• My name does not have an r
    • View Profile
    • o'er at pixeljoint

Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 04:36:45 am
The characters are all looking really good! I can't even imagine those coming out of the same palette as musclebaby.
Is main character holding something? I can't read it very well.
I really like the landscape in your study, esp the sky colors :P Idk if it's a WIP, but the right side could use some handiwork.

Offline Manupix

• View Profile
    • Pixeljoint gallery

Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 06:52:35 pm
Lovely stuff!
Are the sprites and scene related?

I think you should darken the scene ground more.
Light on it would be highly lateral at a short distance, and the slightest roughness would cast shadows. Both would make the stones more lit than the ground they're standing on, as you have it on the far left.

Found these refs, not exactly what I would have wanted but I think they show my point.

Foreground highlights on the stones look too light.

I think you deliberately avoided blue shadows and background. I think you're right!

Offline turfsurfer

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 02:14:34 am
That stuf looks great. The only thing I noticed was that the contrast on the skelleton wasn't as dark as the other characters, he just dosn't have the dark dark shadows of the other three. What is it carrying on its back? Bigass sword of some kind? I love the profile of whatever it is, the skelleton's posture makes it look realy heavy.

Offline Smash

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 12:17:37 am
The skelleton is a wip sketch still. The thing tied to the back is supposed to be a burned wooden log, where the person was executed. And yeah, the same log is supposed to put on  some weight and slow the thing down, as he's a rather weak enemy.

But now this.