AuthorTopic: Sirroelivan's Various Stuff  (Read 2658 times)

Offline Sirroelivan

• View Profile

Sirroelivan's Various Stuff

on: February 11, 2010, 03:09:45 pm
With my exams done, I'm getting back into picture wars, and by extent, back into spriting. I've found out about this site via a few fellow
Picture Wars members and thought it might be a good place to improve my very modest spriting skills.
Guess I'll best start off by showing some of my earlier works.

Some basic bug-like aliens.

Eve-styled sprite and two other robots.

These are the latest sprites I made somewhere in november. They're based on Mario enemies. I think these are
some of my best sprites.

My main problems have been
a) palette / colour selections. Selecting colours that work well together and provide a readable sprite.
b) Large objects, mainly adding volume to them.

Oh, and finally a few Orkish ships, to give an example of some of my bigger sprites.

I still have a lot to learn spriting wise (being only very mediocre even on pw yet), but I'm gonna take all your criticism to heart. So fire away.  ;)

« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 04:55:49 pm by Sirroelivan »

Offline twodayslate

• View Profile
    • twitter

Re: Sirroelivan's Various Stuff

Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 04:35:54 pm
You said you have a problem with the pallets and this is obviously the case with your eve sprites. Eve is not green. There is no hint of green at all on Eve except the the little green light.

If you looked at a reference image then you would find that Eve is all white with black border for her blue eyes. She has the green light and is very reflective. So the hard part is actually outlining Eve and making sure she is visible on a white background since she is all white and very reflective.

For you pelleting issues, I recommend using a solid reference image and just getting swatches here and there.

Offline Sirroelivan

• View Profile

Re: Sirroelivan's Various Stuff

Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 04:58:45 pm
I know what Eve looks like. And yes, I made her green since I had difficulties making the white visible enough.
The sprite was just going to be a nod to Wall-e in a bigger army though.
And reference images are in most cases not really helpful since I'm mostly spriting own ideas for PW-armies.