AuthorTopic: [WIP]Terra  (Read 3952 times)

Offline Siren

• x
    • View Profile

[WIP]Terra

on: February 10, 2010, 09:03:15 am
Hello~ I've been lurking around pixelation for a while now but I haven't post XD
I figured I might learn a lot of stuff in this place so I wanted to try posting a WIP! Please be gentle with me :(

I am stuck on how to shade it overall. But I wonder if it's ok to post here?
Here's my Reference~
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 09:12:40 am by Siren »

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP]Terra

Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 09:15:29 am
You sure you don't know what you're doing at all? The line art is looking pretty good. I'll post an edit later on.

Offline Siren

• x
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 09:29:27 am
It's my first time drawing/pixelling something mechanical so I am not sure if I'm doing it right or just going crazy. Amano has crazy details in his drawings I am surprised the sculptor managed to to do it  :crazy:

Thank you! I'll try fixing the lineart more, once I recovered.

Offline MegaLeon

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 10:34:18 am
Well, this looks awesome, but the magitek seems quite unbalanced. It looks like it is going to fall.

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 10:40:28 am
You might want to try approaching the piece in a more realistic fashion. The anime combination with more realistic rendering of textures on the mech might look strange- unless you're going to cell-shade the whole thing. Might want to go at least semi-realistic.

Edit this afternoon, I hope. XD

Offline Siren

• x
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 10:46:23 am
Ah I was aiming more for an anime fashion, cell shading rather than realistic, mostly because I have no idea how to do things "realistically." And yey, it's ok I'm going to sleep soon =D I just realized I did the other foot wrong. Redo =_=

@Megaleon, I was hoping the magitek is standing it's one leg over a ruin stone for the background later, but I might have to remove that after all.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 12:05:45 am
Realizing that the feet aren't aligned and throwing in a rock to stand on is NOT a good idea, better to redo the leg * U *;,

and with that I mean I've done it so many times * __ *; I am assuming that you've done the same but the rock might have been there in your idea from the beginning. If so then sorry * D *
' _ '

Offline Siren

• x
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 03:13:48 am
I didn't notice they weren't aligned at first, I was just doing the lineart when I was looking at the reference and yes the rock was there from the very beginning in my mind. It was supposed to be a flower field with ruins and the magitek just posing there. I tried redoing the entire feet, and without any decent reference of the blasted magitek, it made everything so much harder and I couldn't get it right =3=;;;

the other one that I thought of is moving the other leg farther back. But yes, this is a pain, I can't do it right XD