AuthorTopic: [WIP]Detective's Room background  (Read 6047 times)

Offline brod

• Chocolate Covered
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: [WIP]Detective's Room background

Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 04:11:17 pm
I did draw it on paper  :-[

I'm just adding things one at a time, I'll add more stuff eventually once I get my pro motion copy.

Offline Tourist

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 06:11:43 pm
Quick 'n dirty, hope this clears up my crits:

The light from the lamp should be centered around the lamp, and symmetric about the depth axis.

Something like this, though my quick hack doesn't look much like wood.  And I think I got my left/right incorrect in the initial crit of that one.  The light from the lamp will strike the vertical face of the broken boards and make them slightly lighter on one side.  Also corrected the highlight on the floorboards in this one.

Tourist

Offline McClaneGames

• Evan M
    • View Profile
    • NinetySix, Co.

Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 06:16:26 pm
The saturation seems a bit high, and you could definitely use some AA on the piece.  You could use some texture here and there as well so that it doesn't look so flat.

Offline Elk

• Choice Architect & Nudger
    • elkdarkshire
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/4683.htm
    • darkshire
    • darkshire.elk
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 06:34:24 pm
Pfft nobody listening to my post! I might make an edit soonish
Open for business
elkdarkshire@gmail.com
Elk#2299

Offline brod

• Chocolate Covered
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 11:56:36 pm
Quick 'n dirty, hope this clears up my crits:

The light from the lamp should be centered around the lamp, and symmetric about the depth axis.

Something like this, though my quick hack doesn't look much like wood.  And I think I got my left/right incorrect in the initial crit of that one.  The light from the lamp will strike the vertical face of the broken boards and make them slightly lighter on one side.  Also corrected the highlight on the floorboards in this one.

Tourist
Oh wow that looks great! Only problem is, I've never really dealt with that sort of stuff. I learned about the perspective lines from my Art teacher, but she didn't tell me to do things like ellipses, I'll try to look up some tutorials.

@Elk no no I am listening! There's still a lot of stuff that needs to be added before I post an update since that's what you want, more stuff :P
Thanks for the tip on the light strength too, I had no idea about any of that kind of stuff.