AuthorTopic: Pixelated Woman[Nudity]  (Read 14564 times)

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Re: Pixelated Woman[Nudity]

Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 05:30:38 pm
That's really pretty =]; the comments are appreciated. Uhm, I think i'll try a redraw of the sprite and pose. I abandoned the floaty-ness despite how much I wanted it to work, so I'm not reluctant to try it again. I'll take your edit's pose into account, for sure.

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 03:56:22 am

That's the new version taking what miascugh had to say in consideration. I'm quite surprised at how far removed this is from the original. Not sure whether that's good or bad, but I have learned a lot in the process (I think).
Fully redrawn and all, while trying to preserve the palette as much as possible. Need to do a bit more work on the hands, feet, and hair.
CC of course.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 03:58:19 am by gliding »

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 11:20:35 am
A million thumbs up, great improvement! I personally prefer the more conventional palette too, which might not necessarily just be the more linear ramp, but mostly the shift in contrast that went along with it, accounting for a much improved readability. The specks of dark outlines here and there stick out as too harsh a contrast to me and maybe add a little space, talking ~1 pixel here, between the breasts (moving the right breast, her left, out to the right I'd say). Specifics about anatomy I'll leave to the more savvy to point out, should there be something to be pointed out - just the further foot, it strikes me as though her toes were cut off.

Keep it up, definitely was worth starting over  :y:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:23:35 am by miascugh »

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 03:09:25 pm

Thanks for the CC so far, Mias. I'm still working on the anatomy; trying to make things look a bit less wonky. Above is the current version with ugly hands =[.

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 05:25:20 pm
the fingers could probably be a little longer, and the neck feels thin. since it supports the back of the head at the base of the skull, maybe it should be a pixel or so thicker towards the back.
her left arm (our right) strikes me as odd, the way it grows from her torso. I feel the upper arm is unaccounted for, or at least shortened drastically if hiding behind her.
perhaps the top of the breast on our right could slope a tad more gently into the torso?

huge improvement, bold and successful choice to redo from scratch.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 06:07:37 pm by Cure »

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 05:32:08 pm
Thanks! I'm going to take some time before the next version to keep my eyes fresh. Definitely agree regarding the comments on her neck and arm. I tried thickening the original pencil neck; hopefully a pixel or two more should do the trick. Glad to know the redraw was helpful. The original was constrictive in its integrity.

Offline Glak

• View Profile

Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 01:00:06 am
the breasts have the shape of large breasts (angled towards the sides) but are too small for that shape.  This is manifesting in the breast on the right.  It should be facing more forward

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: January 17, 2011, 04:04:54 am
Her right breast is too small in comparison to the other (or the other is too big). Also, the hand you sketched out in post 21 is better as it's gesture more easily flows from her arm. The new one is actually going in the opposite direction.