AuthorTopic: Two new pieces. The perfect potion and Two hands? Why?  (Read 4077 times)

Offline God Slayer

• No one expects the Spanish Inquisition. No one.
    • View Profile

OK, did this as a signature for myself on another forum. 12 colors.

Did this for a competition on the same forum, 18 colors.

Thanks for reading.

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Re: Two new pieces. The perfect potion and Two hands? Why?

Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 01:23:57 pm
Wild... very... wild. The palettes are fantastic! However, on the bottom image, why is the chest (...that is a chest right?) a seperate color from the face and arms? If its lighting, you might want to highlight the body a bit to match the face/arms?

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 06:03:18 pm
   I think the first work still needs a bit of work. I'm still not feeling his right arm. His wrist seems to be meshing with his thumb bone, and that arm also looks kinda short, when compared the folded left arm. His lower abdomen (6-pack) is a little larger than a normal person's anatomy would allow.
   However I do like the style it was drawn in, so no crits there. I think you got the main point of human anatomy down, but you might need to touch this guy up a bit. As for the bottom pic, I have the same crit as Dhaos, mainly about the strange orange colored object coming from his chest. But at the moment, I still would like to say that your style is top notch. Keep it up...
my back hurts...

Offline Lyuf

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 11:10:23 am
Briliant colors! Fantastic stile!

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 12:07:04 pm
You draw the same faces all the time. Might want to mix up angles and characteristics, give them ears and the like. I also find the idea of the second guy flexing quite absurd? Does making pot require a show of physical strength or something?

Offline JacobRyan

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 12:24:14 pm
Well actually, it's a "strength potion" that the kid asked for in the request, and the guy you could say is a Herbalist and experimenting with this potion and finds it to be "perfect," so he flexes to display the perfection he achieved.

Offline hawken

• 8bit fantasy
    • hawkun
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio

Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 11:54:58 pm
your style could turn out to be very good indeed however these pictures are just confusing. Better planning is needed, try sketching your scenes before you pixel. I have no idea whats going on in the second picture  ???
twitter: https://twitter.com/hawkun
Pirate Pop Plus for 3DS, WiiU & Steam!