AuthorTopic: Rusty roof  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Rusty roof

on: January 27, 2010, 02:05:49 am
Hi,

It's been a long time since I've pixelled, but a few days ago I started tinkering again.  This is a work in progress--I'm trying to do a dilapidated house for this little large man to live in, but I think those many years of only drawing people show themselves in my rendering!  I'm particularly worried that by trying to do the rusty roof and the fading paint are making it much too messy for the style I made the character in.

Anyway, some suggestions for a cleaner rendering or any edits would be very helpful.  Ignore the door completely, please!

Thanks,

Seth

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Re: Rusty roof

Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 02:32:07 am
I like the way you're doing the house, I think if anything you should adapt the little guy to the house :p

one thing that I do see is that the house's light colors have a weird shift to blue (and while I like the effect) they're giving it a sort of virtual effect.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 08:01:03 am by Conceit »

Offline TomF

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 07:59:58 am
I second the statement about the little guy, needs more detail.

I'm not a massive fan of the colours to be honest but I really love your texturing, especially on the wooden platform. <3

Offline inarma

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 02:38:10 am
 The door looks kind of "untouched" and the rest of the house seems to have deteriorated. I don't know maybe that's part of the design of the house, but for now I think it just looks a little inconsistent.