AuthorTopic: 8-bits level wip 4  (Read 17588 times)

Offline xhunterko

• View Profile

Re: 8-bits level wip 3

Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 03:41:33 am
I'm actually wondering how you did the first section of tiles you posted.

To me, they look like actual scanned in drawings with pencil then created on a computer. Not that that's a bad thing of course.

As for the current piece. I'm guessing the main character is on the left, yes?

Make it a little bigger to stand out more. It's shading is good, but, well, it's still lacking something that I can't put my finger on.

Also, the bouncing critter. Why does it's tail stay stuck when the rest of it is moving? That should be able to move as well.

Just my thoughts.

Offline allaze-eroler

• View Profile
    • allaze-eroler's deviantart

Re: 8-bits level wip 3

Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 02:22:43 pm
#1 I'm actually wondering how you did the first section of tiles you posted.
     To me, they look like actual scanned in drawings with pencil then created on a computer. Not that that's a bad thing of course.

#2 As for the current piece. I'm guessing the main character is on the left, yes?

#3 Make it a little bigger to stand out more. It's shading is good, but, well, it's still lacking something that I can't put my finger on.

#4 Also, the bouncing critter. Why does it's tail stay stuck when the rest of it is moving? That should be able to move as well.

Just my thoughts.

#1 for i how i did this, it was actually a 100% done with computer, nothing were scanned, i only the filter from photoshop for to make more sharp before i converse them into 8 colors schemes. but now, i'm using more graphic gale than photoshop for pixel art.

#2 yes, you're right. it's the dino-like that was the main character.

#3 i can't make more bigger or more shorter because of 8x8 and 8x16 rules. so, i prefer to stick on this actual size.

#4 that is because i haven't yet finished it, i did mentionned it few post ago. beside, i changed the monster for a boss that you can see there :

i indeed removed the loop stuff because the new monster is not yet animated. ^^;