AuthorTopic: Zombie Tower Defend game (W.I.P)  (Read 10612 times)

Offline Xuferluses

• View Profile

Re: Top-down zombie game (W.I.P)

Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 03:11:16 am
I think its supposed to be a "defenders" game (Idk if that's the right nomenclature). Correct me if i'm wrong but appears to me that in this game you got waves after waves of zombies and your goal is to prevent them from reaching the end of the path maybe. I think that's why the characters look the same or repeated, because they're supposed to be classes and not actually characters.

Or not and i'm being completely dumb here  :P

Apart from that the stile is simply amazing! And you can never be wrong with zombies!

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Re: Top-down zombie game (W.I.P)

Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 03:44:06 am
It's not that sprites look too similar to each other, but the main characters(whom a player is MOST interested in) don't stand out enough from the zombies, or to a degree, the backdrop. Your character should be the main focus of your attention, and making it hard to spot on the screen will be counter-intuitive to even the best gameplay.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 03:50:07 am by Dusty »

Offline Tobe

• www.rayteoactive.wordpress.com
    • View Profile
    • Rayteoactive

Re: Zombie Tower Defend game (W.I.P)

Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 06:10:40 am
Alright, seems like the title has been pretty misleading for those that missed my 2nd respond.

It was meant to be a zombie shooter, but I changed it to a zombie Tower Defense game.
The character are in their early for now, as they probably need different colors to avoid confusion. Right now, they are looking too similar and even blending into the background. But that will probably come later. Same thing for the zombie.

Point is, Xuferluses is actually right. And completely genius  :y:

Offline Xuferluses

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 05:00:38 am
Yay! I've always suspected that I was a genius man, thx!  :crazy:

But seriously, keep them coming, it's really looking good so far. I would suggest you to go nuts and create some more character classes like one army guy or soldier, and maybe a girl you know? Stuff like that. You could as well come up with other kinds of zombies, like the usual big fat bald guy!

You probably thought about that already, right? Yeah...

Ok, bye! :y:

Offline buloght

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 07:00:19 am
Very cool concept, and a very agreeable graphics! I wonder if you could make those lights have stronger lights on the ground, maybe bring a shadow-light gameplay dynamic, but in shadows zombies are still somewhate visible. Maybe some zombies are good at hiding while others continue normally. Maybe this is not such a good idea though.

Offline rikfuzz

• View Profile
    • twitter @hot_pengu

Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 07:19:10 am
Just a quick edit to show the tiles more consistent with your global lighting.

Offline Tobe

• www.rayteoactive.wordpress.com
    • View Profile
    • Rayteoactive

Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 01:54:49 am
Thanks a lot for the suggestions, guys. The 1 army guy is definitely going in now - probably as a Sniper. The light thingy is something I've been think about, it worked for the 8way zombie shooters, but I my main concern if it complicates things too much in a TD game.

Anyway, I re-edit the tile set taking rikfuzz advise. And here it is...