AuthorTopic: 3D Famicom  (Read 8872 times)

Offline grendel

• to bee or not to bee?
    • View Profile
    • artblog

3D Famicom

on: January 24, 2010, 12:11:19 am
I decided to learninate some 3D and pixelart - so, thought this would be a good little combo starter. Apologies if the image is a bit large here.

There's a bit of space left on the texture (512x128) which I cropped off in the preview so I'll make a little cartridge to utilise those wasted pixels  :P Ptoing helped out quite a bit as I'm new to this whole pixeling biz. Hope you like! :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 12:14:45 am by grendel »
pirates arrrrr cool! Art|Blog

Offline Jakten

• The Bionic Vapor Boy
    • View Profile
    • Levitating Rocksquatch

Re: 3D Famicom

Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 12:23:21 am
Looks really good, I don't have much to say honestly.

Maybe add some highlights to the buttons to make them look a bit more 3d dimensional because right now they look like holes.

Offline L___E___T

• -______'''''''_____TRO - P_¬
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 08:34:37 pm
Wow, can't believe I didn't see this before.
Maybe you could make the gold foil on the controllers look more metallic?  Maybe a gradient like you did for the top back?
Seriously, I love this!
_¬-¬-¬-¬¬_`--_¬--__¬_-_¬_-____/

Offline grendel

• to bee or not to bee?
    • View Profile
    • artblog

Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 07:08:51 am
@Jakten - (sorry for replying so late) but thanks! Glad that you think it looks good :)

@L_E_T - By bumping this, you made me notice a few things that I need to tweak on it, like for example - the II controller should have a microphone thingie next to it... will fix!
pirates arrrrr cool! Art|Blog

Offline L___E___T

• -______'''''''_____TRO - P_¬
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 08:43:47 am
I can't believe I didn't even notice that...    Mic, volume slider and no start or select buttons :D 

I was going to suggest making the gold foil on the controllers more rounded, do you know what I mean?  But then, the whole thing has sharp edges and I think it would detract from the low spec aspect.

If you really wanted to make it stand out, you could always give it square buttons like the first editions ;)

http://www.retrogamingconsoles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/famicom-controllers-original.png
_¬-¬-¬-¬¬_`--_¬--__¬_-_¬_-____/