AuthorTopic: A Little Tree =)  (Read 2848 times)

Offline Jackstick

• View Profile

A Little Tree =)

on: January 23, 2010, 07:45:51 am
Hi there, I'm new. :)

Well first let me show you some of my early pixel arts.  Not very impressive, this is all way before I started reading the tutorials on this site:

This is an avatar I made several years ago.  I spent about 20 mins on it

This is a little signature I made for a RuneScape forum I visit.  I know, I'm a pixel expert.

This is a signature I made for a friend, I spent a lot of time on the sunset and very little time on everything else.  This is the last pixel art I made before the tree (Below).

I have a lot more but I can't find them right now, oh well.

---

Anyway, it's been almost four years since I've done any pixelling.  Earlier today I was browsing this site and I saw some really neat pixel trees.  I dunno why but I really like pixel trees, probably because they're the easiest to make.  This took me three hours (I still need to learn how to do the leaves):

WIP:

I know it's nothing compared to what some of you guys can do, but it's probably the best pixel art I've done so far so I'm really proud of myself. :D I might add some leaves to it but I'm worried that might ruin it. :(  Anyway what do you guys think?  Am I doing everything right?  Can you give me any tips?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 07:49:24 am by Jackstick »

Offline Atrophy

• View Profile

Re: A Little Tree =)

Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 08:27:59 am
Looks good, Roots are a bit thick for such a small tree though.

Offline MadHatter

• im nipples the enchilada
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 04:53:17 pm
Pretty nice, there should be smaller thinner roots, but more. Maybe a bit of tangling. And the outline is to thick.

Offline Accident

• Someone call the ambulance!
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 05:47:21 pm
It was good to me until the outline. I think it should be outline-less, or at least having a much thinner outline.

GET STARTED ON THE LEAVES, MY FRIEND. <3