AuthorTopic: OldGameboy  (Read 4781 times)

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

OldGameboy

on: January 22, 2010, 08:37:54 am

I'm still frustrated by the difference between the values in photoshop and how it ends up looking in my web browser.
c+c
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline TomF

• View Profile

Re: OldGameboy

Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 09:23:30 am
You could always use other programs instead of photoshop.  :y:

I like it so far! Couple of crits, theres a shade of magenta on the buttons that doesn't add anything, same goes for a couple of the greys.

Quick colour edit:

Colours down from 16 to 13.

Offline Tobe

• www.rayteoactive.wordpress.com
    • View Profile
    • Rayteoactive

Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 10:00:51 am
Is it just me? I can't see the image (all I see is [image]).

edit: prove to be just me, because every thread turned out that way. But I can see it now :y:
quick comment from me... isn't the curve by the bottom right a bit too big? Also, TomF edit manage to brings out some of the details you drew, but they're not obvious enough, probably due to the color choice
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 10:04:02 am by Tobe »

Offline redballoon

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 07:45:44 pm
Yeah, it's looking good..however, the screen just doesn't look right  - have a look here and you can see.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 04:28:03 pm
You could always use other programs instead of photoshop.  :y:

Yeah, I've been itching to try Graphics Gale and Promotion, but right now I'm on a MacBook.  I have it duel booted, so I could get them for XP, but it's a hassle to switch back and forth from XP to OSX--it's something I don't do very often.  I know that there was a pixel program for OSX (programmed by ndeal I think?) and I've tried it out, but it was really unstable.  So right now I think my best option is Photoshop.

isn't the curve by the bottom right a bit too big?

I think actually, now that you mention it, that the curve on the chrome plate around the screen comes too close to the screen on my pixel version compared to where it actually does.

>
bafore & aftar

redballoon, could you be more specific by what you mean about the screen?
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline TomF

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 10:57:20 pm
Yeah, I've been itching to try Graphics Gale and Promotion, but right now I'm on a MacBook.  I have it duel booted, so I could get them for XP, but it's a hassle to switch back and forth from XP to OSX--it's something I don't do very often.  I know that there was a pixel program for OSX (programmed by ndeal I think?) and I've tried it out, but it was really unstable.  So right now I think my best option is Photoshop.

Ah, fair enough then. Not sure if ndeal actually programmed pixen but yeah pretty sure he was involved somehow. And yes pixen is terribly unstable, which is unfortunate because it's a nice little program. As for the photoshop problem, I've read about it somewhere before, but can't remember anything specific, sorry.

I quite like the new colours actually, though what I said earlier about the greys and magenta still stands I think.

Offline rikfuzz

• View Profile
    • twitter @hot_pengu

Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 12:00:30 am
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1534394/photoshopcolour.gif

This might help with your colour woes - it's how I have things set up with anyway. The whole business is too complicated for its own good, but the save-for-web settings are the ones people usually miss. 

Offline Olothontor

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 12:16:35 am
Haha, this is good. I still have my original GameBoy, come to think of it...

EDIT: And it still works! Pokemon Yellow, go!
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 02:07:49 am
rikfuzz! you have pointed out something to me that I overlooked.  The whole save for web dialog is new to me.   I think this will help me get everything calibrated.  give me a few days to make some more stuff and see how it turns out.