AuthorTopic: Tilesets  (Read 2363 times)

Offline linx

• View Profile

Tilesets

on: January 18, 2010, 03:21:22 am
Been wondering about how to post this for a bit since most first posts in here are a bit detailed   :-[
Anyways, I've been wondering how do you start making a tileset?  What makes tilesets look good, and unique.  I've been pretty stumped on this as I've been trying to make a tileset for a project of my own (not posting for reasons such as 1. Well, i don't like it :P and if i were to post it it'd be in the WIP section, 2. It might turn the topic onto talking about how to fix my tileset instead of tilesets in general).  Wish i could've worded this post better  :ouch:

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: Tilesets

Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 11:39:24 am
As far as starting goes I would say block out what kinda tiles you need, what corners, what connections, and then go from there. You can always add new tiles to spice it up more later.
As far as making stuff look good and unique: practise, learning by doing. Which is what Pixelation is here for and which is why I am locking this thread and advise you to post you stuff in Pixel Art. There are also lots of examples of tilesets floating around on here if you use the search in the pixel art forum.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.