AuthorTopic: how about this creepy tree  (Read 6221 times)

Offline TomF

• View Profile

Re: how about this creepy tree

Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 12:08:11 pm
I think also what Jad was getting at is that each branch of the tree should have its own shadow/highlight in the same way that each finger has its own. As of now it still feels very flat because of the left/right gradient over the whole piece. Try giving each branch and root its own individual shadow and highlight, that alone should help quite a bit.  :y:

Offline silverpurple

• From nothing to something
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 12:41:05 pm
Hello,

now there is improvement in your recent version. Now your tree got a visible structure.  :y:

What is missing now is shadows and light that define more on the piece. Also the colours should be adjusted to have more contrast. Does your programm have a choice to sort the palette by brightness ? Its a fast way to see if colours are too close in colour or brightness and can be left out or must be reworked.

I did a quick edit, i hope it makes things clear.

thanks to you give me the quick edit..
and i try to make edit with your quick edit as a example and this is the result
from zero to hero

Offline Jorund

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 01:01:05 pm
There are a lot of things to work on.
* Palette: the last tree you posted has 20 colours (if i'm counting right). But they don't feel like that.
* Shape: the are a lot of things to work on the shape of the tree, look more references.
* Shading/Highlight: light and shadows are not just: if light comes from the right, i got shadow on the left. The give away the texture of the object and the volume. Your tree is still very flat.

Here's an edit I made:

I started making the edit before you posted again, then you had a smaller palette, but even then it wasn't very right. You had some colours that were TOO similar.

Hope it helps :)

Offline silverpurple

• From nothing to something
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 01:19:53 pm
There are a lot of things to work on.
* Palette: the last tree you posted has 20 colours (if i'm counting right). But they don't feel like that.
* Shape: the are a lot of things to work on the shape of the tree, look more references.
* Shading/Highlight: light and shadows are not just: if light comes from the right, i got shadow on the left. The give away the texture of the object and the volume. Your tree is still very flat.

Here's an edit I made:

I started making the edit before you posted again, then you had a smaller palette, but even then it wasn't very right. You had some colours that were TOO similar.

Hope it helps :)
waw....thats awesome!!i should do more and more practice to become like you and the others..
thank you for your info and critique..i learn many from this
from zero to hero