AuthorTopic: A room  (Read 3078 times)

Offline r4c7

• View Profile

A room

on: January 02, 2010, 04:35:52 pm

This is a room I made. I need some help with the pillows.

C & C is welcomed.

Offline r4c7

• View Profile

Re: A room

Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 12:26:44 am
Bump.
Come on. Post some C & C.

Offline JaJitsu

• View Profile
    • JaJitsu.com

Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 06:11:55 am
its kind of boring, but isometric pixel art isn't my thing.   :-[

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 12:59:36 pm
It's got a nice warm atmosphere. The door seems tiny for someone who'd sleep on a bed as long as that. Put a human figure in there and scale the furniture to match its size.

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 01:33:42 pm
There is a common problem with beginners who do iso art: they tend to make a series of squares, then fill them in. It makes things look totally boring and stiff. To make good looking iso art, you must possess the same artistic skills that will allow you to create stuff outside of the isometric perspective. It may seem like it, but iso art is not an easy way to make cool stuff, or a shortcut to making good pieces. It just allows you to make things with your analytical skills instead of artistic ones, which will never produce a good looking result.

I can tell you put a good amount of work into this and it's not bad, but any improvements you make on it are not going to address the fundamental problem. Really the best way to improve it is to hone your artistic skills, then come back to it in the future. I mean, wouldn't you love to create some iso art like this:

http://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/29178.htm

Good luck