AuthorTopic: Present improvement  (Read 12596 times)

Offline Atrophy

• View Profile

Re: Present improvement

Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 04:06:26 am
I see one HUGE flaw that has been pointed out multiple times, yet nothing done to fix it. The train itself is viewed on multiple planes . for the top half its as if your looking onto it. For the bottom, its as if your looking straight at it, but the rail on it is if your looking down onto it. Truly the figure itself need A LOT of reworking to look correct to the eye.

Offline Ultimaodin

• Unknown Artistry
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 05:14:50 am
I really love having internet again, my lunch breaks were so boring without it.

@Atrophy- yes a lot of people have poited this out, the major issue for me is I'm struggling to understand where I am going wrong here. (perspective is something I have had a flaw with my entire life) It's all supposed to be 15 degrees up from a side view.  The light itself is supposed to be generated from a 45 degree vertical and a 30 degree horizontal. I think the major cause to the multi-plane thing is the bottom case. I'm not certain how to shade it though. :(

I honestly think I need some major help in those areas.

@Ryumaru- So that would make the middle colour the most saturated then right? Thanks I thought the colours were quite an improvement too. Photobucket really only messes with the hue by about 5 points and the brightness by roughly 10. Someone said to me it might have something to do with the calibration or something like that of my computer. ???

Thanks to all so far for helping me. :)

Offline Elrinth

• Hello peeps
    • View Profile
    • Elrinth's personal webpage

Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 10:18:14 am
I like where this is going.

A couple of hints on what you could work on:

* make legs taller
* improve right arm, looks like it's broken right now
* perspective seems off.. to the left from the character the train looks like it's totally seen from the side, this would mean the character is very likely to fall, however the shadows at his legs tell the train is seen in somekind of perspective which doesn't apply to the rest of the train other than the very surface he's standin on. You are implying:
(1) train is seen totally from side
(2) train is seen from top-down (Zelda perspective)
"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind!" - Edward D. Morrison
Mai fav games: Seiken Densetsu, Rockman, Doom, Final Fantasy, Zelda no Densetsu, Metroid, Kid Icarus
Fav consoles: Sharp Twin Fami, Super Nintendo Jr., Wintendo Gamecube

Offline Ultimaodin

• Unknown Artistry
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: January 24, 2010, 03:11:44 am
I tried to actually do some measurements to try and escape from the non-intended side view.

Showed a tiny piece for each edit to see if people think I'm going in the right (or wrong) direction before I change the whole thing.

Also just started changing the bottom front of the case to curve, which was one of the big issues to it looking side view. (Don't know how I didn't pic that up earlier. -_- )

@Elrinth- Enlarging the legs I feel would make the character look more side-view which is what I'm trying to reprimand to the desired 15 degree perspective. They should be the correct length. As for the arm, I did not even notice that until you pointed it out. It looks like it sticks back rather than forward and it's impossible to read the fact that the pants are supposed to be overlapping over-top of half the hand. :(
Thanks for the points, hopefully my measurement edits will fix the perspective issues, at least a majority of them anyway.