AuthorTopic: Secret Santa 2009! GIFTS GET!  (Read 73942 times)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: Secret Santa 2009! GIFTS GET!

Reply #60 on: December 26, 2009, 09:00:54 am
I will be gone until the 4th of January without internet, so I wont be able to check up on this. I hope there are some missing gifts ready when I come back  >:(
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Rosse

• ssero
    • bluecrystalrod
    • View Profile

Reply #61 on: December 26, 2009, 09:47:27 am
First, thank you very much, Sherman Gill. I really enjoy your gift. In my opinion, the creator can try as hard as he wants, there's no way he can make an epic picture - the picture is made epic by the viewer. And that's definately the case with your picture. Thanks a lot for making a picture I can enjoy so much!
I spot Lady Eboshi, San, Nausicaa and her Mehve and Howl. And in the clouds I interpret Castle in the Sky and in the bottom I see shapes from Ponyo - even if it maybe wasn't intented.

Then congratulation to everybody who contributed this year, I enjoyed looking through all these gifts. I see some which put some real effort into it, thank you very much.

Mush, maybe I have to explain my gift a bit. I saw a series about Shinto, and I thought that every gift you make has it's own spirit, even if you can't see them. Here I wanted to depict the spirits of the things you wished, red and yellow metal spirits, jelly spirit and chicken spirit (with leaf on it's head). The jetpack spirit is not yet there, always late. The spirit of the big-thick guns is already hiding in the box, because it's so shy. All over the world they use the guns to commit crimes, so the humans detest this spirit - but that's how the world is. They detest other spirits too, the poverty god for example, but they forget that we live in a world of contradictions, the one thing would not exist if there would be no counterpart, no joy without pain. So there it hides itself from the view of the world, but it's still there.
The text says "present spirits" which means, these are the spirits of presents/gifts and the are there/present even if we don't see them. - I hope you enjoy it.

Offline eldiabolito

• View Profile

Reply #62 on: December 26, 2009, 09:56:54 am
THANK YOU ATNAS <3!!!
love your gift... any chance you'll be making the whole game?  ;D

and there's really been heaps of great pieces  :) enjoyed browsing through em...

yeehaw, merry christmas everyone! i'm off getting pissdrunk  ;D
it's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden stop

Offline Fry

• westenfry
    • View Profile
    • Westen Fry Portfolio

Reply #63 on: December 26, 2009, 10:09:31 am
Thanks Reo, I didn't expect such an intricate combination of all my interests, you managed to pull it off.  Is that a Watchman guitar? haha.  

Offline ilkke

• pix off
    • iLkKke
    • https://pixeljoint.com/p/9270.htm
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #64 on: December 26, 2009, 10:35:20 am
I got Lemmy!! Thanks, eldiabolito! :D
This year's SS is soooo win!
i

Offline Reo

• aka MechaBarbarian
    • MechaBarbarian
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/11318.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #65 on: December 26, 2009, 01:10:59 pm
Thanks Reo, I didn't expect such an intricate combination of all my interests, you managed to pull it off.  Is that a Watchman guitar? haha.  

yes it is, everybody loves watchmen right? :lol:

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Reply #66 on: December 26, 2009, 03:10:36 pm
Perkele, huZba! You really nailed it. Love the combination of themes, the dot-matrix display and how the table lights up. It's all so very seasonal somehow. Thanks a bunch!

Oh, and lot's of other cool shit this year again. ilkke's, vierbit's, indigo's, rikfuzz' and 8bitty's gifts, to name a few. You'd think all this pixel goodnes would open up a portal to the 1980s or something.

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #67 on: December 26, 2009, 03:38:50 pm
Thanks so much, Mush!  Now we have to go make that game, it looks like it could be something that could be a platformer for some levels, an over the shoulder collection/flying level for another, and a stealth espionage classic to boot.

And I'm glad you liked it, Ryumaru!  I appreciated getting you for Secret Santa as it was subject matter I never would of thought I would tackle (much less combine) and ended up learning a lot along the way.  Wound up sketching what I was going to do the very first night when names were drawn and it came together faster and less deadline pushing than anything else I've ever done so it was sort of a milestone for me  :y:

Offline RadiationGloves.Drugs

• All praise the holy Flying Spaghetti Monster
    • View Profile

Reply #68 on: December 26, 2009, 05:52:23 pm
Glad you liked it Carnivac  :)

Great job JJ, I love animated pixel art but haven't found a very good tutorial/website to learn how to do it. Anyways,  :y: :y: :y: :y:
Iamaminimalist.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #69 on: December 26, 2009, 06:15:49 pm
OH GEE

: D

This is so awesome guys! Seriously all these gifts oh man omnom I wish they were edible, they'd be delicious ; 3 ;

I can't even start to say man I dunno seriously

Everything here was so awesome so much niceness in such short time, DANG people, you're talented! ; U ;

yeah I didn't get one but I'm a sinner too, I don't mind at all n u n

Will be working on mine, seeing all this awesomeness really put me in nice spirits - I need to finish mine right up, akira, don't despair
' _ '