AuthorTopic: Portrait for a loved one. Please CnC.  (Read 6248 times)

Offline MadHatter

• im nipples the enchilada
    • View Profile

Portrait for a loved one. Please CnC.

on: December 21, 2009, 02:11:28 am
Title pretty much sums it up.  ;)

Reference.

Offline WM

• cubist
    • View Profile

Re: Portrait for a loved one. Please CnC.

Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 02:30:11 am
Maybe change the nose's outline color to something other than black, because right now it is making the nose stand out a lot more than it should. Other than that it looks great; good work from photo-referencing!

Offline EvilEye

• Game Developer Extroaordinaire
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 05:46:34 am
Its not bad. The nose is way off though.

I took a shot at it myself:

Took me about 2 hours and it would still take a lot of refinement to be "done".

Here you can see my progress, maybe it will help:

Offline MadHatter

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 01:08:24 pm
Wow, great job evileye. :O

I'll try fixing some stuff.

Offline Ultimaodin

• Unknown Artistry
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 01:37:21 pm
Ok I'm going to go against everything here and say I preferred hatters. Why you ask. Cause while Evil eyes is more accurate and detailed in a sense I would not show it to said loved one. Hatters looks more attractiv in a nice smooth and kind way. Not to mention the smoothness makes her look younger. Right now if I were the female in question (no I'm not female) I wold bitch slap evil eye if that was presented to me. Stick with smoother lines. Take into account evil eyes shading but don't focus on the details too much.

Also before we go any further I must ask Madhatter, Are you the same Madhatter who hacked rmxp.org (now hbgames.org). If so then I will have to contact Admin in concerns to your past. If it is just a joke title or coincidence fair enough but if you are said same person... >:(

Just a query before any further comments. (I know this isn't my place but that was a very serious action back then)

Offline LoTekK

• View Profile
    • LoTekK.com

Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 01:53:39 pm
EE's is an early start, with room for refinement and smoothing up, as he's already stated. I like the feel of it, though, but I've generally been a fan of loose strokes on the whole, so there's a bit of bias. MadHatter's is solid, though, if in need of killing the black lines :)

Ultimaodin: Really, dude? Firstly, MadHatter isn't exactly an uncommon or unheard of name (Lewis Carroll, anyone?). Secondly, really dude? You don't think you could have asked him via PM?

Offline Jorund

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 02:03:52 pm
Also before we go any further I must ask Madhatter, Are you the same Madhatter who hacked rmxp.org (now hbgames.org). If so then I will have to contact Admin in concerns to your past. If it is just a joke title or coincidence fair enough but if you are said same person... >:(
Mad Hatter is a very common nick name (I used to have it in another forum a loooong time ago). I don't think the person that hacked that web would use the same nick in other website.

About the portrait, I agree with Ultimaodin about the skin.
Your eyes need a little bit of correction, right now she seems very sleepy. Also she is missing a part of the neck.
The black outlines are too strong in some parts, like in the mouth. It seems wrong.

Offline MadHatter

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 12:23:58 am
No, I'm not a hacker. I don't know the first thing about hacking.. except how to crash my own computer, but that won't do me much good. But thats offtopic.

Anyway, I think evileyes doesn't look atractive because of the rough lines, if it were to be shaded more properly, it would look much better.

@Lotek, I'll try opening the eyes, as well as lessining the outlines in some parts. How is she missing a part? Do you mean it should be longer, lacks shading, or should be wider?

Offline Jorund

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 12:44:21 am
How is she missing a part? Do you mean it should be longer, lacks shading, or should be wider?

Sorry for not being clear. Yes, I mean she needs a wider neck. I think.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 12:45:51 am
Ok I'm going to go against everything here and say I preferred hatters. Why you ask. Cause while Evil eyes is more accurate and detailed in a sense I would not show it to said loved one. Hatters looks more attractiv in a nice smooth and kind way. Not to mention the smoothness makes her look younger. Right now if I were the female in question (no I'm not female) I wold bitch slap evil eye if that was presented to me.
Very rude and very mean to say to Evil Eye, its a very rough edit, obviously if EvilEye were to make this a full piece he would smooth out lines, make it look better, etc. You should learn to give a bit more respect to the people around you. The purpose of his edit is very clear and useful, his edit was also never intended to be the gift to the female, just to help our friend MadHatter here. I don't know what you're talking about really, his edit may be a bit rough, but it captures her likeness very well.