AuthorTopic: Mad inventor sprites  (Read 7757 times)

Offline neverest

• View Profile

Re: Mad inventor sprites

Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 11:07:13 am
I think the walking is very dramatic from the frount. Usually we don't naturally move our shoulders foreward and back so much when we walk.
True, but when you have a character in a game walking down the screen a lot of the motion gets lost, particularly the up and down pixel shift. This is a problem I've encountered myself lately, but if you look at other rpg sprites, say chrono trigger, they put a lot of body movement in and it looks a lot better in game as a result.
I think the current drama in his walk would work, but I would agree the feet could move up and down a lot more.
I have more of a problem with the sideview, I feel everything from his shoulders up should be moving up and down. currently his nose stays in place while his eyes squash down, his jabot doesnt move like it does in the front view, and the collar just jiggles a bit where again, it moves a lot in the front view.

you also might want to try shifting his rear foot back a few pixels so he doesnt seem so flat, currently it looks completely side-view although presumably if this is an rpg you'd want the sense of an elevated view.

Its looking a lot better, and he seems very determined. Oh and every true evil genius needs a big collar.

Offline ZeroByte

• ChemiKhazi
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 07:28:54 pm
A few more edits before I turn in. The rear walking animation isn't done yet.

Thanks for all the crits, they've improved the sprite a lot.

Offline Razz

• AM I ENDING ALL MY QUESTIONS WITH PERIODS.
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 10:34:23 pm
I would advise you to lessen the movement of his collar. It's very distracting and makes the sprite look more messy than it needs to be.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 10:15:17 pm by Razz »

Offline ZeroByte

• ChemiKhazi
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: March 25, 2006, 08:22:56 pm
Final-ish sprites.

Offline l0rdtaz

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: March 25, 2006, 10:40:54 pm
last sprite (the one facing forward) needs to bump up and down.. his head looks kind of static..