AuthorTopic: Character~ Cyborg  (Read 3028 times)

Offline linx

• View Profile

Character~ Cyborg

on: December 20, 2009, 11:40:49 am

Eh, i know he needs editing, just not sure how :P

Offline Tourist

• View Profile

Re: Character~ Cyborg

Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 09:49:33 pm
Interesting character.  Human head on a robot body.  I like the idea of the vivid blue highlights for showing electric power.

A quick edit for anatomy:

I pulled the entire chest 1 pixel to the right so that the character is no longer slouching.  I made the arm on <---- side 1 pixel shorter and the arm on --> side 3 pixels longer. 

I think you could make the shoulders/chest wider by at least 1-2 pixels.  Maybe the hips and legs wider by a pixel each.  Maybe widen the arms by 1 pixel each if you want them to be big robot arms.

I think the outlines are eating up too much of your pixel space.  You've got 4 colors that are only used for outlines, and roughly 3-4 pixels on each column/row are used for the outlines.  I think you have to use the darker shades for large areas of shadow rather than the fine lines.  The stomach area is noisy because you are trying to show details that are too fine for this size.

Hope this helps,
Tourist

Offline linx

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 05:19:37 pm
Thanks for all of those tips :o , can't really edit it right now since I'm at my cousins house and I really dont like working with Paint anymore :P.  Anyone else have any tips? I'll want to be busy working on this once i come back.

Offline linx

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 04:00:54 am
Big B.U.M.P

Bump
Up
My
Pixels

Anyways, sorry about the delay! Tried without the outline and i think it looks a lot better :)